Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Hallo-Ring!

Hey everyone- today is Halloween and I decided to make today's nail art inspired by the scariest movie I've ever allowed myself to watch.  This movie might not be that frightening to regular horror film buffs, but since I don't purposefully watch many films known for their high rating on the fright meter, this one is the top contender for length of time it messed me up.  That doesn't count the film Jaws, because I watched it when I was maybe 5 and have a legitimate fear of water because of that little sharkie, but it's not really in the Halloween category for me.  The film represented in these nails is The Ring.  I saw this movie, in the theater, on this night, 11 years ago and I don't think I've been back to the box office for a horror/suspense thriller since.  There's something about being in a dark theater with strangers and a huge screen and surround sound that really makes a movie scary.  I prefer to watch a movie that I know will be scary in a place I can turn the sound way down to eliminate at least one sense from the shock overload.  If you've seen the movie you'll understand why I made these nails slightly blurry and gritty.  Here's the look:



I started with a base polish Dark Navy by e.l.f.  This made a really great backdrop because it wasn't quite as empty of color as a black base would have made, but it was nearly.  The images from left to right are of Samara, the well, the ring and the tv screen covered in static.  Here is the base polish, one coat on its own:

I hope you enjoyed this look.  Maybe enjoyed isn't the right word...I don't enjoy the images lol but hopefully they conveyed what I meant for them too.  Have you seen this film? Did it frightened you as it did me?  Were you surprised to learn what the ring really was?  What is the most impressionable film on your fears? That's going to be it for today.  Hope you and your youngsters are safe tonight!  See you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Local Natives- Airplanes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0cWti-eSOo
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment