Thursday, October 10, 2013

Seeing Spots

How's it goin today, friend? Happy Thursday to everyone.  Sometimes on Thursdays I have my Movie and a Mani feature for you, and while these nails do remind me of a movie, I didn't do them with a review in mind. These nails take me back to the old classic Disney Sword in the Stone because they remind me of Mad Madam Mim after Merlin has won their magic duel.  Whatcha think? Do you remember that film?


 Specifically these color choices made this dotticure look a little sickly lol, but dots on dots don't always look that way.  Play around with your colors and the overlay of the dots and you can find some really interesting looks emerge.  You can make dots on your nails with anything that has a small tip- a toothpick, an old pen, the bottom of a detailing brush, just put your thinking cap on!  And how about Sword in the Stone?? So classic right? I've probably seen that one a hundred times throughout the years.

Here is the base polish I used- the lovely Fairy Godmother by Pure Ice which kinda goes right along with the theme of the mani doesn't it?  This purple is so gorgeous, creamy, sweet and you're looking at two coats.
I'm sure my fairy godmother wears this color, and pale yellow, and all shades of blue... :)  Well that's it for today friends.  Why don't you pull out some polish and paint yourself a dotticure and share is with me on my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GlimpsesOfTheMoon.  I'll see you back tomorrow! Have a fabulous day!!

Song of the Day: Daft Punk- Fragments of Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAo-5OSDtQY
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment