Friday, October 11, 2013

Playing With Textures

Hello Again Loves! It's Friday morning and what does that mean for me? Well: weekly grocery shopping, and it's the last day the kids are at school before I have 'em home 24/7 next week for Fall break!  Eek! But you're here for some nail art stuff so let's get to it.  So I'm sure, if you're into polish, you know all about textured polishes that have been the latest trend this year in polish.  I picked up one from OPI at least a year ago and then the other brands started to catch on and all tried to throw their spin on it.  Honestly I think the OPI formula of "textured" polish is my favorite with it's more glamorous appearance, but there are some other really interesting ones.  Both China Glaze and Sally Hansen tried more of a gritty, less girly with the avoidance of shimmer, formula and I have some nail art for you today using the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat collection in the shade Cherry Drop


 So what do you think? My first instincts of these sugary/gritty textures were...eh.... but actually after trying them(even though sometimes a little messy to clean up) I think they're a fun way to mix up your manicures.  Have you tried any of these polishes? What are your opinions of them?  They are just as fun to paint on with acrylics as regular polishes!!

Here is Cherry Drop on it's own, two coats:
Really bright, vibrant, fun, funky...I mean can you go wrong with any of those thing? :) That's it for today peeps.  I hope you liked this look and thanks for stopping by.  See you back tomorrow for random swatching.

Song of the Day: The Joy Formidable- Silent Treatment(William Orbit Mix)
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment