Friday, September 6, 2013

31DC2013 Day 6: Purple

Yay- my favorite color get's her own day today.  Let's celebrate purple!  Now, while she is my very favorite color, she isn't necessarily my favorite color for polish- that usually falls to blues and greens.  So I've incorporated some greens and purples to design another fruity manicure.  Here's what I came up with:



I couldn't decide for a minute what I wanted to do- but once I had this electric lime green cream on, I knew it would make some grapes pop.  I used acrylic paints for all the detailing just by mixing shades of primary colors.  Mmmmm grapes are my favorite treat in the whole wide world!  And we've had such an abundance of them this season.  What would you paint on your nails for this day dedicated to purple?  This manicure also reminds me that Summer is coming to an end, which is always a bittersweet thing.

Here is China Glaze Def Defying on it's own, two coats:

Hope you're having a great day and it's going to set off an even better weekend for you!

Song of the Day: Empress Of- Tristeza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww6GFzYQwoc
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment