Thursday, September 26, 2013

31DC2013 Day 26: Pattern

Hi ya'll.  Hope you're having a fabulous day so far.  Welcome to another nail art challenge day!  If you know my blog then you know that I love tangling on my nails- or using Zentangle patterns, or inspiration from those patterns to cover my nails.  Therefore, when today's prompt was to design nail art inspired by a pattern- it was a no-brainer :)  I like to choose a different pattern every time I tangle because there are so so many and the website tanglepatterns.com is the resource I use to look up their library of patterns.  The pattern I chose for today is called Twile and my take on it looks like this:



Both the designs on the accent finger and on the rest of the nails are variations on the main Twile pattern, and I had a great time nail tangling.  I used two coats of Color Club Evolution as the base of the mani, and gold and blue acrylic paints for the detailing.  I always find that tangled patterns look really nice and intricate on the nail and this one was no exception.  The gold acrylic even made the nail look like it was reminiscent of an antique vase or something. Have you tried nail tangling yet?  I really think you should- just have a very fine brush to do your detailing.
Here is Evolution on it's own:


That's all for today peeps; I'll meet you back tomorrow for nail art inspired by artwork.  Sending love your way til then! Have a great day :)

Song of the Day: The Staves- Mexico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYV0Wp0MdZ4
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment