Thursday, September 12, 2013

31DC2013 Day 12: Stripes

Hello and happy Thursday to you.  Hope you've had a swell week and I'm glad you're here ridin' this nail art challenge through with me.  Today's theme is stripes and I have to admit, you're going to keep seeing Summer colors from me.  I'm just not in the Fall mood yet what with 100 degree weather and lots and lots of sunshine here.  These are the stripes I'm rockin' today:


 The thing about stripes is you can keep it very simple and it can still look very striking on the nail because of how the lines draw our eye to the nail.  My 9-year-old says this mani looks very "roman" so that's good! Pretty much exactly what I was going for :)  I used three polishes for this look.  The base polish is Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini, then I drew white stripes with Jordana Contemporary White, and finished up with Sally Hansen Perfect Pear-ing in the middle of each white stripe.  What would you paint on your nails if you were doing this challenge along with me?

Here is Kiwi Bikini on it's own at two coats:

Well that's it and I'll see you back tomorrow for animal print! RAWR

Song of the Day: Foster the People- Call it What You Want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1prhCWO_518&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out

1 comment:

  1. I love the stripes! They are so neat and your base colour is so bright! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete