Sunday, September 15, 2013

31DC2013 Day 15: Delicate Print

Happy Sunday everybody.  So today's challenge is to paint something delicate.  I don't know about you, but there aren't a whole lot of things that come to my mind when I think about that.  At first I was thinking lace- but I've done that before so I moved on to another thing that's purty and delicate and that is shells.  Here's what I came up with today:


So I started off with Avon Galaxy which is a blue/teal almost holo polish.  I chose this to represent the glittering sands.  Then I mixed some white and cream acrylics and started by roughly shaping the shells on each hand.  Next I mixed the cream and some black acrylic to make the gray to outline each shell.  There's also a little green and blue on each shell for some shading under the details.  Next I used the cream, white and gray paints to dot some sandy/pebbly details around the shells.  Aren't shells a great beauty in nature? They're signs of the little miracles we can find all around us.  So what would you paint for today's challenge day?


Here is Avon Galaxy, two coats on it's own:


Here is Galaxy with the flash on to attempt to bring out the holo effect a bit more.  As you can see, Avon's cosmic polishes are dense and complex but just shy of being truly holographic.
 That's it for today.  See you back tomorrow for tribal nails!

Song of the day: Penguin Prison- Desert Cold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SctU2jY_VaQ&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment