Tuesday, September 17, 2013

31DC2013 Day 17- Glitter

Hello polish lovers.  Welcome back to my 2013 edition of the nail art challenge.  Today's prompt is glitter and I wish I had planned and got some loose glitter for this to create something really fun, but since I didn't have any I decided to just keep it pretty basic.  One of my favorite ways to wear glitter polish is to make it gradate down the nail so it's denser at the cuticle and becomes less so as you descend to the tip of the nail.  I used a polish I hadn't tried out yet and I was pleased with how it turned out:


The glitter polish I used is China Glaze Scattered and Tattered which is a mix of copper/red hex and micro glitters; black hex, bar, and micro glitters, all in a mostly clear base.  Mine was slightly foggy, but as you can see it didn't affect the base polish that much.  If you've never worn your glitter polishes this way, I recommend you give it a try.  It dresses up your manicure in a quick and easy way, and since it appears to move along the nail, it makes your look more interesting than if you just topcoated the nail entirely with your glitter.

Here is the lovely base polish- Avon Green Goddess, seen with two coats:

Here she is again with flash to attempt to bring out the duochrome.  I didn't wear this over black, but if you wanted to try that you might have better results.  See in these pictures you can just barely see the green to gold shift.  Avon's duochrome-wannabies are not quite as powerful as those put out by other brands but their formula is fabulous.  No problems here.

That's it for today everybody.  Can't believe we've already passed the half-way mark on this challenge. Having a whole year of nearly daily nail art under my belt has definitely helped me to know where to look for inspiration for each day's challenge.  Lots of love to you all, and we'll see you back tomorrow for a half moon mani.

Song of the Day: Penguin Prison- Worse it Gets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1C9LIIZ5h0&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment