Friday, September 20, 2013

31DC2013 Day 20: Water Marble

Hello guys and gals- it's time for another adventures in water marbling.  If you haven't seen this technique before on my blog- you're in for a treat.  Water marbling your nails can pump out some really fun designs and for me because I'm not a major pro at it there's always the element of surprise at what's going to turn out.  So basically watermarbling is when you take a cup of room temp water and place drops of polishes on top of each other one after another in the water and then use a tool to make a design in the layered polish.  Cool right? Fo sho (but warning- also messy).  The colors I wanted to test out today are bright magenta pink, darkest dark navy blue, and white.  Here's what resulted:


 What do you think?  While this technique isn't one I want to do every day, because of the cleanup and time it takes, I definitely keep in the repertoire because the designs that can turn out are just so rockin.  Let me say- that the dots on each nail were placed there afterward, just to be clear that I didn't get that to happen just by watermarbling.  :)  Look on the index finger there's even a pink heart!  So fun- definitely give it a try, and not all polishes work for this effect so you just have to play with it.  Have fun creating!!

Here is the base polish Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Razz-berry on her own.  She is one of a group of Summer brights this brand put out this year, and honestly, Razz-berry is the ONLY cream polish that did not give me formula issues which is a bummer cuz they are some gorgeous creams.  Just a little heads-up if you've got your eyes on them.  This is two coats here:

That's it for today.  Another challenge day in my belt- tomorrow we move on to the last ten days of the challenge.  Tomorrow's challenge is a manicure inspired by a color- which is pretty much like the first few days of the challenge if you ask me...but that's all right.  I'll give you a hint- I gave blue some more of the spotlight.  Hope your day is triumphant! See you tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Non Tiq- Quiet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVWaClz0ODo&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment