Monday, September 16, 2013

31DC2013 Day 16: Tribal Print

Well hello there.  So glad you stopped by today.  I have some nails for you today that are inspired by my childhood.  The prompt for today's challenge is tribal print, and honestly the most recent time I've thought about tribal print(besides this prompt last year) was all the way back when I was eight years old and our family took a trip through Mexico.  I have this very vivid memory of some article of clothing either I was wearing all over the place, or my mother- anyway it stuck and when it came time for this day's challenge all the rhyme or reason for this mani came from that fabric.  The polish I chose to represent the oxblood red in the fabric turned out to be quite a pain and didn't quite serve the pattern justice in the end, but I think I captured it for the most part.  The pattern looks quite a bit more effective from a bit farther out(like in the third picture).  Here are my 2013 tribal nails, a blast from the past:


Well that's it for today.  What fashion memories from your childhood come flooding back when you think about what you wore as a kid?  Another big one for me is baggies!! as all the crazy prints that went with them.  Wow, I really am a trauma survivor of some crazy fashion decades!  We'll see you back tomorrow for glitter nails.  Have a great Monday!

Song of the Day: Gold Panda- Marraige
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuMgXN-ca8&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment