Saturday, September 28, 2013

31DC2013 Day 28: Flag

Hello and welcome to your weekend.  Wanting to start it off with some bangin' nail art right? I get it :) Well let's get goin' with today's challenge which is nail art based on a flag.  This one always feels a little kookie to me, and this year I went a different direction with it.  I usually think to look for a really interesting flag from another country, but instead I went with...



Checkered Flag!
Oh day 28, how you challenge me :) Well that's the purpose anyway. I wanted to do black and white checkers without stamping and without using tape, so this is all freehanded.  Then I wanted to spice up the look with some glitter, cuz you know we need a little flash. The glitter of choice for a black and white mani is of course China Glaze Whirled Away.  I really enjoy how this one turned out and while it was a somewhat tedious design to paint this morning with my kids clamoring around me,(I decided not to stay up late to paint last night- my bad) it was still fun and I accomplished the design I set out to.

That's gonna be it for today.  Glad you stopped by and I wish you a lovely weekend.  See you back tomorrow for nail art inspired by the supernatural and xoxo til then.

Song of the Day: Regina Spektor- You've Got Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9_isl1jjHc
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment