Sunday, September 29, 2013

31DC2013 Day 29: Supernatural

Wow- we're at day 29 of this challenge already! Can't believe it people- it just zoomed by!  Today's challenge prompt is to create nail art inspired by the supernatural.  I had SUCH a hard time being inspired for this day's challenge- probably the hardest time for the whole month.  Then my timmy came along and suggested I do Thor nails and it was pretty much a no-brainer!  I just had to create some tribute nails to my supernatural boyfriend.  :)  These are for you Thor:



The base polish for this nail art is Nicole by OPI Listen to Your Momager which is a shimmer navy blue. Then I sponged some Pure Ice Heartbreaker, Color Club Chelsea Girl, and some silver and blue acrylic mixed together on each nail.  Then using white acrylic I painted some lightning bolts on each nail.  Then along came Thor and there you have it :)  This was so fun even though it required a lot of delicate detailing.  Also- apparently Thor was displeased when he sat for this portrait- he must be missing Natalie Portman, grrrr.....

Well that's it for today.  Hope you enjoyed this look :) I know it's super silly, but sometimes often we need to just get a little silly don't you think? See you back tomorrow for day 30- tutorial.  Do you have anything specific from this month's challenges that you'd like to see?  Let me know in the comments.

Song of the Day: Jamie N Commons- Rumble and Sway(Imagine Dragons remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2xMc3lOUA
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment