Monday, September 2, 2013

31DC2013 Day 2:Orange

It's day two of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge and today's inspiration is the color orange!  I knew instantly what I wanted to do because I've seen super cute fruit nails all over the place and I wanted to try my hand at it. Here's what I came up with:



I started with the base polish Sation Blue Sky's the Limit because I knew the blue would compliment the orange and make it pop.  Then I made half circles with white polish and once that was dry I went to work with my acrylic orange.  This design was super fun and really not that difficult.  As with most freehanding nail art for me I just have to take my time.  What do you think?  Isn't it fun to be a little fruity? It makes me crave a little citrus:)

This is Blue Sky's the Limit on it's own:
Blue Sky's the Limit is a dusty blue cream, a little on the thick side- but manageable.  It definitely needs two coats so you just have to work with the formula a little bit.

Well that's it for today- we'll see you back tomorrow for Day 3: Yellow!

Song of the Day: Little Boots- Motorway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBUv5VZWHNo
*note- this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment