Friday, September 27, 2013

31DC2013 Day 27: Artwork

Hey everyone! It's Friday and it's time to kick-off the weekend with some nail art love :)  Today's challenge is to create nail art inspired by artwork.  When I googled famous artwork to see what popped up, the artist's work who immediately caught my attention was Van Gogh.  I thought his Starry Night over the Rhone would look divine when translated onto the nail.  Here is the reference picture:

Don't you just love this piece!  The blue and gold combination is just exquisite!

Here is my starry night nail art:



The base polish for this manicure is Color Club Bright Night, and I used a bit of Sally Hansen Sea for the gradient and white, yellow, and black acrylics for the detailing.  I'm really happy for how this turned out.  There could not be anything more delicious on the nails than a reminder of a great work of art.  This is probably my favorite day of the 31 Day Challenge.  What do you think? Did I get anywhere close?  What is one of your favorite works of art?

Here is Bright Night with two coats.  Look how smooth and creamy it is.  Wow this color is fabulous!

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stop back tomorrow for another challenge day- the prompt is a flag.  Have a good one :)

Song of the Day: Jessie J- Laserlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxd2n8S4AE
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

1 comment: