Tuesday, September 10, 2013

31DC2013 Day 10: Gradient

Hello loves.  It's the last day of the color challenges, and tomorrow we move on to patterns.  Today's inspiration is the gradient manicure and it happens to be one of the most gorgeous ways to spice up your manicures I think.  Gradient just means moving from one color to another on your nail and in my opinion the less obvious the transition between colors the better.  There are some ladies out there that have definitely mastered this technique, and the queen herself is miss Sammy from Nailasaurus and you can find her here: http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2013/03/grue-gradient.html.  I took a stab at it today with some pink and green and then I added a little stamping.  Here is the result:



Have you tried the gradient technique?  If you're looking for a tutorial for it- the Nailasaurus has a great one on her site.  These nails felt very rainbow sherbet to me because when the pink and green blended in the middle they turned a little orangey-brown, just like how sherbet looks with those three colors in the container.  I suppose this manicure isn't the most Fall-friendly :) but I'm actually one of those people that wears the fun, fresh colors of Spring and Summer all year round.

Here is the gradient before the stamping.  Very soft and subtle just the way I like my gradients to be.
So ten days down!  Twenty to go- we'll see you back tomorrow for some polka-dots.  Happy Tuesday everyone.

Song of the Day: AUSTRA- Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v08EhwDgFhw
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment