Wednesday, September 18, 2013

31DC2013 Day 18: Half Moon

Hello darlings.  Today's challenge is a half moon design.  If you don't know what that means, it's basically showing off the half moon shape that naturally appears at all of our cuticles.  When you put on opaque polish- obviously this half moon becomes covered up.  With the half moon mani you make this part of your nail reappear.  Here's what I came up with today:


 I started out with a pea green base and accented the half moon with alternating curved lines going up the nail.  I don't know, I'm all about the green and purple combination.  This one was really fun and looks a little oompa loompa socks to me lol.  Usually a half moon design is nice for making your mani look a little more sophisticated, but I wanted to go the other way this time.  What do you think?  Does this make you want to whip out your polish and give it a try?? I hope so :)

Here is the base polish Amour Green Tea and Sweet Peas, two coats:
This shade is so soft and unexpected.  I love it.  That's it for today!  We'll see you back tomorrow for galaxy nails.  If you don't know what that is...tune in tomorrow! :)

Song of the Day: Kimbra- Cameo Lover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyk9MBY72U&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for its audio and not video content*

Over and out.

1 comment: