Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 7/26/14

Happy Saturday Swatchfest day everybody :)  I hope you're having a great weekend.  Let's get right into this- you know the drill- on Saturdays we look at 10 random polishes from my stash that I've never featured on my blog before.  If you want to see the live application video of these polishes, you can do so here:


For red, I have China Glaze Igniting Love from the Cirque du Soleil collection to show you.  It's just a really bright red cream, on the youthful side.  You're looking at two easy coats.  However this polish stained majorly which I don't encounter that often with red polishes, so that was a major bummer.  For that reason I'd probably not recommend this polish over other red creams that you can find lots of places.  C


Julep Jules is a pale baby pink cream.  You definitely need two coats here, but it evens out nicely and I thought this polish was really lovely on even though I'm not crazy over pink polishes.  You're looking at two coats, and this had an easy formula to work with for this light of color.  A


Pure Ice Can't Stop is kind of a thin orange cantaloupe even though it's looking very bright and loud here.  I guess i'd classify this one as a crelly polish but it definitely becomes opaque in two coats.  You're looking at two coats here and the formula gave me no issues.  You can find Pure Ice polishes at Walmart.  A


Wet n Wild Megalast A Venice Day is a sheer sunny-to-lemon yellow cream.  It's really thin and was hard to get this level of opacity- you're looking at three coats- which I hardly ever do on my blog, but I just couldn't leave it in the sad state it was in at two coats lol.  I guess I probably wouldn't recommend this polish- there are other lovely yellows out there that don't require so many coats.  Sorry, Wet n Wild.  Try again next time.  C


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Makeover Loden Green is a totally cool camo green that leans a bit more brown even than the picture here.  I love that about it, and it's easy to apply and becomes pretty much opaque in one coat.  I've shown you two here, and I'd definitely recommend a top coat for this baby.  A

 
Color Club Ocean View from the Sea Salt collection is this textured, bright light blue that dries matte on it's own and has no sparklies.  I really love this shade but I'd probably prefer it if it didn't have the texture, but hey, it's fine.  It applied easily in two coats and that's what I've shown you here.  A


This funky polish is Spoiled Checkin' Into Rehab.  While obviously not opaque in two coats, which is what I've shown you here, I still enjoy this polish because it's so unique.  I love the jelly purple, but the pink flakies throughout make it so gorgeous.  You'd either need to use this as a topper...or use 3+ coats which is a hassle.  B


Sinful Colors Nirvana is classified as a matte polish, but I've shown you it here at two coats without top coat and it doesn't look very matte to me lol.  Anyhow, it's just a nice milk chocolate- a bit dusty and applies super easily and cream.  A


Sephora by OPI Mauv-ie Star in the Making over China Glaze Queen B.  It's made up of micro gold glitter and then hex pink and lavender glitters.  They're all kind of muted which I think is really interesting.  This is two coats to get this amount of glitter.  A


As for my A+ polish, I'm showing you the divine China Glaze Four Leaf Clover.  Double up on basecoat for this one, because just look at that pigment!  I didn't have any issues with staining, but I just like to be cautious.  This polish comes from the Up and Away collection from a few year back, which is a stellar collection by the way, and you can still get it in its entirety at sites like transdesign or head2toebeauty.  You're looking at two coats, and this is probably one of my favorite colors from China Glaze...ever.

And that's it!  I hope you enjoyed this swatchfest and that you're having a great day.  Let me know in the comments what you were wearing and loving on your nails this week.  Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Daft Punk- Derezzed

Over and out

2 comments: