Sunday, December 22, 2013

Rainy Days and Sundays

Hello and happy Sunday! :)  You know when it's rainy and everything outside starts to look a little black and white?  Well it doesn't happen to look like that here today, but I know a lot of places right now it does.  My sister says she has freezing rain and took these really gorgeous pictures of the crazy things rain can do and how beautiful it is at the same time.
Photo courtesy of Stacy Papa

This design's inspiration is two-fold- my sister's pictures and a lovely wallpaper I found when I looked up clouds and rain.  I hope you enjoy:



The base polish I used for this mani is OPI Let Them Eat Rice Cake which is a very pale, delicate pink but can still be mostly opaque in 3 coats.  I kept it at 2 for this design because I wanted it to be rather sheer against the stark black and white.  The clouds are raining hearts, I just love that!  Just like the rain that falls down in our own back yards- it can be dark and dangerous but feeds the earth and creates beauty.  


Here is Let Them Eat Rice Cake at two coats on its own:


So glad you stopped by today!  Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.  See you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Of Monsters and Men- Dirty Paws
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment