Friday, December 27, 2013

NOTD with Color Club Baldwin Blues

Hi Pretties!  Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and you're looking forward to an explosive New Year!  I have just a simple nail of the day for you.  We all know that dotticures(manicures featuring dotted patterns) are great standards to fall back on.  Here's one for you featuring a color combo that I found really soothing during all the hubbub of the Holiday madness :)  Take a look:




When all else fails, get out the old dotting tool, eh?  Just kidding, but it does make for a fast, low-concentration manicure for me.  If you don't have a dotting tool to help you achieve this look you can use a toothpick, or pick some up on Amazon, they're very budget-friendly.  The base polish I used for this manicure is Color Club Baldwin Blues and it's this fabulous nearly cadet blue.  Very soothing and calm-water blue for me.  Then I used a white acrylic and Misa Hot Couture for the design.  Here is Baldwin Blues on its own at two coats:
This picture makes the blue lean a little more green than it does in person.  I hope you enjoyed this design and I'll see you back tomorrow for another Saturday Swatchfest.  Have a great day ya'll!

Song of the Day: Tangerine Dream- Dolphin Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxsq5AJzRz8
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I really need to get some dotting tools off of amazon. I didn't realize they were that cheap!

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya they're a great price- the liner brushes you can find there are very affordable as well, but I find them easily damageable(get bent so they no longer naturally make you a straight line) so I actually prefer to pick out detailing and lining brushes in person at a craft store so you know what quality you're getting.

    ReplyDelete