Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ikat-cha Bein' Good

Good day to you, and thanks for stopping by this morning.  Hope your day is going well so far.  My kids actually slept through the night last night so my day is starting off great!  I have this look to share with you this morning, this gritty ikat pattern.  I didn't set out to make it gritty by picking a textured polish or something, but the shimmer gray that I picked for the darkest color of this combination is China Glaze Stone Cold and it has this finely milled glitter/shimmer that was just textured enough that it really brought this look to life with its sandy quality.  Here's the look:


I have to say, an ikat nail art is probably about one of the only times its ok for your polishes to drag just a little bit and I played around with that in this design.  Are you going to try out this pattern?  I definitely love it as a whole manicure but you could use it as an accent nail for sure as well.

Here is the base polish NYC Pool Time at two coats on its own:


That's all from me today.  I hope you enjoyed this design today and that you come back and see me again tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Animal Collective- My Girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRFlyfcbcFM
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment