Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial: Peter Pan Collar Nail Art

 Hey guys- I found another great look on pinterest and I put together a little tutorial for you to achieve this super cute manicure:


So we're going to complete this look in 6 easy steps:

1) First cover all your nails in one coat of your favorite strengthening base coat.  Then paint each nail two coats of your base color.  I chose a forest green cream, the example I found used plain old black- I think a dark shade will serve you best- but like always- make it your own :)  The base color I used was Green Machine by e.l.f.

2) Taking a q-tip and your nail polish remover, take off the polish in the shape of a half moon up at the cuticle area.


3) Using your dotting tool and white cream polish, paint two dots here on each nail.


4) Using your detailing brush and using the dots as the curve of the collar, extend the collar up to the neckline, or where the polish meets the bare portion of your nail.  You may need two coats to get this portion even and smooth.  The polish I used is White on the Spot by Milani.


5) Now take the smallest tip on your dotting tool and a gold metallic polish and paint three tiny dots down the center of the nail/shirt to emulate buttons.  I used Winter Affair from Color Club.


6)Finish up with your favorite top coat to smooth out the paint and add a nice finished look and there you have it.  Aren't these sweet?





There you have it :)  One of my favorite pieces in my closet is a little shirt featuring a peter pan collar and an tiny apple print.  It's such a sweet look.  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and you try it for yourself.

Have a great day! and remember your worth ladies!

Song of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBsRvthVhdw

Over and out.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! If you were to do red instead of green you could have Santa. Thank you for sharing on Fluster’s Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I wish I could do cute, fun nails...I MIGHT be able to pull off my left hand but there is no way I could do my right! Maybe just do an accent nail...

    Cheers!
    Buttons
    The Hot Toddies of Washington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow is like profesional!Well done!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! As usual, great nails and you make it look easy.
    Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete