Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching 4/20/2013

Howdy Do!  It's the weekend, no not Friday, Friday- but Saturday!  (If you don't know what I'm referencing there, please tell me and I'll let you in on the most fabulous little song and my fav spoof that followed soon after; you're life will never be the same).  Time for some random swatching fun.  I hope you enjoyed my guest reviewer from last Saturday.  He could not be reached for a comment on his experience but it seemed to me like it was a mix of- "if I have to" and "finally I can publicly poke fun at my woman and her crazy obsessions!"


 Fingerpaints Bauhaus Burgundy is a deep, muddy burgundy crelly (cream-jelly hybrid polish).  I was crazy in love with the application and the non-staining quality of this polish.  I have tried some deep red/burgundy polishes in the past and been sorely let down by how bad they bled into my cuticle bed.  This one flooded just a tad, but it was definitely more manageable than what I was expecting.  Now seeing how the camera caught the patchiness of the swatch I am slightly disappointed that it apparently takes 3-4 coats to reach opacity, but still, the color was gorgeous on the nail.  A-




 Sinful Colors Sugar N Spice from the Sugar Rush 2013 Collection is a super-pigmented bright pink cream, as you can see :)  This color definitely gets the drama queen place in the polish yearbook.  Wow, it makes a loud statement of look at me :)  Incredibly useful for nail art, it's a tad too loud for every day wear for me, but bravo on the formula and ease of application.  A-




 Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed is perfection- no?  Wow, I'm lovin me some orange polish right now.  Look at how creamy and effortless this polish is!  Like usual, no disappointment in this brand.  They cook up some of the best little bottles of color wonder ;)  A




 Barielle Gold Digger gets props for a fun name, besides that I think they really did a stellar job getting a great metallic gold.  These metallics can sometimes be not so fun for clean-up, but well just like with anything- you weigh the good against the bad.  I would rather sport this fabulous greek goddess of a polish and have a little extra sheen on my hands from all the metallic wonder, well then so be it.  A




 Sexy Sundress from Fingerpaints just gives me the ooh, ahh syndrome :)  If you're not feelin this color, then I'm sorry cuz you aren't getting the joy I am from looking at this creamy limesicle goodness.  So fresh and lovely.  Definitely an A.




 Ok, this one is fabulous!  Look at the depth See You Soon by Sinful Colors.  I know last week's guest review suggested that dark polishes, the like of this little diva, are too goth and should not ever be worn unless that's the fashion statement you're going for, but I just can't agree.  I suppose now we know that perhaps some men feel that colors like this make that projection, but I feel this almost-black/blue shimmer is rich and seductive :)  Mmmm me likey too much!  A




 China Glaze Creative Fantasy from the Cirque Du Soleil Collection is a super fun grape jelly polish.  Just like a jelly should be, it looks squishy on the nail and doesn't quite reach opacity.  Normally I'm not about that effect too much and I'll prefer my creams to jellies any day, but when I was swatching this one I could not have loved it more!  I know it looks super patchy here, but I was seriously in love with this one on my nails.  Hmm I guess you'll have to make your mind up for yourself if you're on the fence about this squishy purple polish.  I made mine up: A-.




 Sally Complete Salon Manicure Without a Stitch has a very tailor/sailor vibe.  I'm in love with it.  Now and again you need a good palette cleanser, right?  This one was three coats to keep it from being too patchy, but I can put up with that for this almost, almost tan cream color.  Yes please!  A.




 Ooh, this one almost didn't come home with me cuz I get sick of glitter removal if you leave it on any longer than ten minutes lol, but I couldn't resist it's teal/oceanic beckon and I'm glad it did.  This is Sinful Colors Lush Life over Starfish of the same brand.  This combination ended up being perfect.  I think I like the rosy-nude of the base contrasting with the glitter.  Very different and fun. I give it an A.




Ok, non-random feature here.  This polish was calling to me from it's display for months before I said, yes you may come home with me now....you don't have to beg... This is (as if you didn't know) Butler Please from Essie.  Ugh it's so brilliantly blue- so fresh and so clean :)  I was not disappointed with my decision to adopt her into my collection of lovelies, although some of the others are jealous of her pigmentation.  Side note- wear lots of base coat to avoid any staining.  A+ even with the tad bit of finicky-ness...Shows you how much I adore this color.

Brands featured can be found at the following locations:

Sally Hansen- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
China Glaze- Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Essie- Target, Kmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Sinful Colors- Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Fingerpaints- Sally Beauty Supply
Barielle- transdesign.com

Song of the Day:  
2013's Spice Girls lol

Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment