Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Rock-Chic

Howdy ya'll.  No step-by-step tutorial today, but another fun look for you to try.  There's a very rock-chic look that I love to wear wherein you start with a nude base and paint a line or two of stark contrast like black down the center of the nail.  This is meant to be like that idea, but more fun and spunky.  I created this look using the some of the Sinful Colors Sugar Rush Spring 2013 collection.  Basically, pick your base color and then paint a thicker stripe down the middle of your nail with the polish's brush and then using a third color and a striping brush paint a thinner line right in the middle of the thicker stripe.  You can alternate between the colors used on each nail as I have done, or keep them all uniform.  




This was eye-catching and fun to look down at all day which is how I gauge whether I liked my mani or not :)  As you can see- my nails aren't super long here and they're going to get even shorter in posts to follow cuz I had a majorly devastating rip on my stinkin' middle finger which is always the one causing me problems! lol  Anyway I hope these shortie nail manis will show you ladies who are always telling me that you don't paint your nails because you keep them so short, that you can go ahead and give these looks a try.
Hope you enjoyed this fun spring manicure!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment