Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Neon Green Cartoon Nails


What up peeps??  This look is all over the place right now.  This is the cartoon-nail nail art.  Basically you're making your nails appear more plastic and framing them in black so the bright neon you picked really pops.  Here's my rendition.  




The colors used here are Sinful Colors Irish Green from their St. Patty's Day promotion (so you can use that if you happened to pick it up, or you can use any bright neon.  I painted my nails with one coat of Milani White on the Spot first to make the neon more vibrant and then a couple coats of Irish Green.  Then you carefully take your smallest detail brush and some black polish (I used Milani Black Swift) and paint a frame around your nail.  This effect makes the bright color seem to jump off the nail.  Then you take your white polish again an paint a couple "shine" marks on each nail.  Finish off with a matte coat as I did if you want and voila!  This was super fun to wear around for a day, and I definitely noticed people staring at my nails, probably thinking- what the heck?? :)  That's what I thought anyway, the first time I saw it on youtube.  

Let me know if you try this one out yourself.  As you can see- my nails are still very short due to that bad rip I had last week, but you can still rock some super fun and cute looks with little nubs for nails.  

Hope you enjoyed this look!

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. interesting! I will pin this in my nail art board, I can picture teens loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just so so cute. I'm always surprised at what you can do on a nail.

    I am happy to be featuring this post at this weeks SHOW IT OFF party. Please stop by and grab a featured button if you wish.

    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-it-off-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete