Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 7/20/2013

Hey folks!  It's Saturday; time for some polish indulgence...wait that's every day!  Let's take a look at ten colors that I've chosen at random to feature today (all except the last of course).  

Red: Sinful Colors Lying Nails is a rich red polish with a barely-there blue shimmer.  It gives great coverage in two coats and it is a fabulous twist on your basic red.  A.




Pink: Avon Seduce Me Strawberry is one of their glass pearl polishes that I've featured here before.  If you can grab these on one of their sales(that they very frequently have) then the brand is a pretty good deal. The formula is usually great and they're always coming out with new shades.  This is two coats and if I remember correctly it took a little longer to dry than I would have preferred...but who wouldn't love every polish to be dry in a minute, right?  A-




Orange: Pure Ice Iced Copper is acting as my orange shade today.  I'm noticing a trend- I don't have that many orange polishes... Maybe I'll have to make it an orange/brown category :)  This color is love.  A perfect two-coater, frost/metallic copper, this polish is a great budget-friendly option if you're looking to fill an empty spot in your collection for a rich, high-shine copper.  Just two bucks at Walmart, and a great formula to boot.  A.




Yellow/Gold: Rimmel London Gold Silk is a super sheer champagne/gold polish.  It's almost rose gold, but not quite.  As you can see it's another high-shine frost and if you want something really clean-looking but still kinda chic, this would be a good option for you.  Just be prepared for how sheer it is.  B.




Green: Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Lam-Lam fills a unique spot in my collection.  I've tried other shades like this but they always go just a little too dark.  This one hits the deep green/blue spot on.  The only thing is it didn't get quite smooth in two coats, but I didn't want to wear three for fear of staining beyond repair.  Even though I adore this shade, it receives a B for being a tad patchy.




Blue: China Glaze Electric Beat is a dusty pastel, but still somehow bright blue.  Does that even make sense?  It's such a hybrid I can't even make up my mind about what it is!  I do know that I'm in love with it though!  This shade is from a minute ago, so your best bet is to look for it online at transdesign or somethin.  Just gorgeous- definitely one of my happy shades :)  A.




Purple: Color Club Lavendarling is deliciousness in a bottle.  I am such a sucker for these creamy soft purples.  Great formula from the Blossoming collection, two coats, smooth and easy.  Definitely a wear again and again polish!  A




Neutral/Gray: Sinful Colors Mauve is another hybrid that I love- the mix of tan/gray/blue....do you see some cool blue notes in there like I do?  Maybe I'm crazy but if you don't see the blue at least can we agree that this shade is super duper lovely?  One of my favorite grays...but have I met a gray I didn't like?  I don't think so :)  A.




Glitter/Texture: Sinful Colors Green Ocean over Misa Krystal Waters is a flaky holo glitter in a light green base as you can see, and the base is just barely tinted.  It would go great over many base polishes I think.  I was somewhat displeased with the chunkiness of my bottle, and hopefully it was just my bottle.  It does have a cool effect though- kinda looks like choppy sea water.  B




Featured Polish: Zoya Tracie is a pea green cream polish with a very subtle shimmer or opalescence.  Super unique and oh so smooth, it deserves this feature spot.  Pictured as two coats- this polish is a go-to when you're looking for something fun and beautiful.  I love it and I've yet to be disappointed by a Zoya polish.  A+

The above brands can be found at the following locations:

Nicole By OPI- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta
China Glaze- Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Color Club- transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com, Ross
Sinful Colors- Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Pure Ice- Walmart
Avon- avon.com
Zoya- Ulta
Rimmel London- Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, 

Hope you found something you liked this week and I'll see you tomorrow for more nail art fun :)

Song of the Day: Black Crowes- Hard to Handle

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment