Friday, July 26, 2013

Don't Get It Twisted

Lately, as you can tell, I've been into free-handing nail art.  I think it's due to two things: first- it means I don't have to wait as long for my base polish to dry because I'm not putting anything like tape or stamping on top of it, so if I use a delicate hand my design won't disturb the bottom layer :)  Secondly, it's fun to see where free-handing takes me with one little tool like a fine-tipped detail brush.  This design looks convoluted and tricky, but it's really not.  Take a peek:





The thing about free-handing nail art is you can't get better without practice, and if you don't get it twisted, you can let yourself practice and enjoy it at the same time.  If you're not enjoying it, well then what's the point? :)  It's easy to get frustrated with yourself and your tiny little brush, but just enjoy the experience for what it is- letting your inner artist out.

The base color I used is Ulta Smoke Screen and here it is on it's own:


If you'd like a tutorial on this design, let me know in the comments below :)

Song of the Day: C2C- Down the Road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpc3cCxWNkU
*disclaimer- these songs are suggested for their audio, and not video content*

Over and Out

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so amazed that you did that by hand! I would really love to see a tutorial on this, so I could possibly improve on free hand nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure thing aaliyah :) you'll see it's not so tricky. Look for it next tuesday. Glad you stopped by- have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a tutorial on this! I'd also like to see a post of some of your tools and supplies that you use :)

    ReplyDelete