Friday, July 19, 2013

Back With a Bang

So I know I've been gone for a bit- family reunions and all- but I'm back now and I have some bangin' nail art for you.  This look doesn't really take any special technique, but it looks like a little firecracker- thus the name of the post featuring the word "bang."  Without further ado, here's the nail art:




Sometimes when I look at this it's more of a retro 80's art vibe than firecrackers, but what do you think?  You can probably guess how this look is achieved- all you need is a striper brush and a top coat to smooth everything out :)

The base color is a Cosmetic Arts no-namer that I've monikered Sea Green.  It is a super bright-almost neon- turquoise cream as you can see, and it is the other thing that is bangin' about this manicure :)  I found this brand at Ross a bit back but I'm not sure if it's going to be something you can consistently find there- cuz you know how Ross is.  If you happen upon it- pick it up! You'll be glad you did.

So that's it for today.  I'm happy to be back and celebrating my love of nail polish and nail art with you.  See you tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Michael Buble with Reese Witherspoon- Somethin' Stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtHJATon0Xk

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The colors are great, and I definitely thought of firecrackers when I saw them! :)

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Aaliyah- I'm glad the idea came across :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete