Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 7/13/2013

Welcome to Saturday Random Swatching!  Here you'll find 10 purty shades for you to decide for yourself - like or dislike.  Let's get started:

Red- Nicole by OPI Sealed With a Kris from the Kardashian collection is on the deeper side of your basic red creams.  I found that two coats didn't make it as opaque as I like, but it was really close and I still enjoy this shade.  I give it an A.




Pink- Color Club Wing Fling is from their glass fleck collection and as you can see it's a hot pink glass fleck polish with the shimmer being in the blue family.  These polishes are a mess to take off because the shimmer gets everywhere, but they sure are beautiful.  I think some of them need 3 coats, but this one is shown as 2. Hot pink is never a go-to color for me; I only give it a B.




Orange- Wet n' Wild Megalast Tropicalia is a coral representing for orange today because well it's kinda close...  As with most Megalast creams, this one is lovely, soft and easy in two coats.  A really nice basic for a small cost.  A.




Yellow- China Glaze Sun Worshiper is kind of an orangey-yellow from last year's Summer Neons.  It is shown here two coats over white and I rather like it.  It's definitely unlike any other color in my collection.  I haven't tried any of their neon shades from this year, but I'll do that soon and compare.  A.




Green- Sinful Shine In the Limelight is not really lime to me, but even is still rather lovely.  This is two coats, and from what I heard, this brand is really great.  It incorporates what they call gel tech, and they claim to be 5 times more glossy than a patent leather shoe.  It was super easy to apply and gave lasting color, but look up at the Wet n' Wild offering under orange- it's just as shiny as the Sinful Shine color.  Compared to the higher end polishes, both brands are budget-friendly, and Sinful Shine does have more colors to choose from.  I give In the Limelight an A.




Blue- L'oreal Notting Hill Blues is a pretty cornflower blue with some delicate shimmer throughout it.  I really enjoy this polish not just because the shade is divine, but I really like it when a polish is sneakily complex.  It's such a nice surprise and adds an extra dimension to your nails without any extra effort on your part!  A.




Purple- Sation Super-Nailtural Powers is a gorgeous violet cream from their Candylandia collection and it was one of my favorites.  The color payoff is better than some others from that collection, and well, with this color- what's not to like? A.




Neutral- Sinful Colors Cool Gray is yet another easy two-coater cream from this brand.  I love gray polishes in general and this one was no disappointment.  Smooth and lovely, I give it an A.




Glitter/Texture- Sinful Colors Show Stopper over Julep Carrie a glitter that leans more pink than anything else, but as you can see, it is made up of lots of other colors as well.  This polish looks like it would pair well with many colors other than pink and with this look it just gives a subtle sparkle to Carrie, rather than changing the appearance of the base polish at all.  I think I give this glitter/neutral a B.




Featured Polish- e.l.f Teal Blue is being featured this week for it's bam! in-your-face color payoff.  Look at how vibrant that is and as a teal green(not blue to me) it is just soooo bright!  This is two coats but it was nearly one, and a smooth easy application.  Love it :)  A+


The above brands can be found at the following locations:
Wet n Wild- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Nicole By OPI- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta
China Glaze- Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Julep- julep.com
Color Club- transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com, Ross
Sinful Colors- Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Sinful Shine- Walgreens
e.l.f.- Kmart, Target
L'oreal- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Sation- transdesign.com
Did you find some beauties? I really gave out a lot of As this week :)
Song of the Day: Bear Mountain- Faded

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment