Sunday, November 24, 2013

Red Carpet Rose

How's your Sunday going so far today lovelies?  I had such a great time last night with my hubby; we went to Catching Fire and loved it!  Afterward we went to the mall to look for a few things and my sweetheart strode right into Sephora and picked up The Twenty-Two for me because he had heard me say I wanted it.  The thing that's great about this set is you get to try out the new formula that Sephora has put out called Formula X in all the ways it comes- cream, neon, effects, and special effects top coat. Here's what it looks like, front and back.  Sorry about the wicked glare from the packaging.

What a sweet husband, I tell you :)  Let me know if you want to see a review of these polishes- if there's any in particular you want to see, or I could just do one or two from each kind of polish included.  We had such a nice time just being the two of us.

Ok, on to the nail art.  I just did a classic black and red combination today.  I wanted to try out this beautiful rose silhouette and I added some less-than-classic french tips to go with it.  What do you think?



This would be a great look for a more dressy holiday party or a dinner date, or to wear around anywhere if you're like me :)
The base polish- this rockin true red is Ulta Red Carpet Red.  Isn't it gorgeous?  It's a little bit of a crelly- just a tad more thin than a cream polish, which I think gives it a more sophisticated feel.  You know, the Ulta polishes I think are on sale for like a buck right now at Ulta and they really all have a great formula and you can't beat the price.  I think they've changed their bottles now but it's all the same colors and I'm sure formula, so just a tip for the thrifty shopper :)  This is Red Carpet Red at two coats with no top coat.

And that's it from me today.  I hope you're enjoying your weekend and that you enjoyed this look today.  Hope to see you back tomorrow for more nail art love.  XOXO

Song of the Day: Young Giant- I Got
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rJTHtoEDMA
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment