Monday, November 11, 2013

Having Fun With Negative Space

Happy Veteran's Day Hunny Bunches!  I have a super fun look for you today that features two of my favorite nail art trends right now- negative space and humor.  In case you don't know what I mean, let's get into it and I'll show you:
So, as you can see- there are areas on each nail, except for the ring finger, that have negative space where there is only the base coat polish showing through the design.  This is a huge trend right now and I plan on experimenting with it a lot more.  As for the trend to use humor in your nail art, I think that speaks for itself. It's mostly about not taking things so seriously and truly having FUN with your nail fashion.  If I look down at my nails and get a little laugh out of what I have on them, well that sounds like a pretty good day to me.  This is just a simple "I Heart Lamp!" design with a plain nail on the thumb.


What do you think of these trends?  Do you adore them as I do?  I also was crazy in love with this base polish which is Sinful Colors Southern Belle.  In this picture the polish looks more fuchsia than in real life- which appears more plum truthfully.  I love it so much, and it really inspired this fun and girl look today. Here is the polish at two coats on its own- however if I had been really careful with my brushstrokes I could have got away with one because it is very opaque.  This polish is not part of their core line, but it should still be in one of their special release displays at Walgreens if you want to pick it up.

That's it for today.  I hope you enjoyed this look.  What are your favorite nail art trends right now?

Song of the Day: Glo-Worm- Carry Me Home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW9doeHwLus
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment