Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 8/2/14

Hey guys, happy Saturday!  Thanks for joining me for this random swatchfest where we look at 10 random shades from my collection that haven't yet had a chance to be featured on my blog yet.  I give all the polishes a grade and a little review.  On top of that, I show you live swatches so you can have a greater level of appraisal of these polishes.  You can view that video here:

Let's get going!
China Glaze Stroll is my red polish of the week.  This is a medium-to-deep red with tons and tons of shimmer.  This is still a little sheer on the second coat but very pretty.  Stroll comes from the Fall 2011 Retro Diva collection.  Unless you're totally crazy about collecting China Glaze(like me) or totally crazy about red polish, you probably don't need this one.  B


Wet n Wild Shine Tickled Pink is from the super budget-friendly line that has some rather inconsistent formulas.  As far as baby pink creams go, this isn't the best ever...but it's only 99 cents- so you can just judge based upon how far you need to stretch your budget.  It was totally workable and I'm showing you two coats.  A-


Color Club Safari Sunset comes from the Safari Garden collection that came out this Spring.  This is a lovely champagne, coral, and gold shifter, really luminous!  You definitely need two coats which is what I've shown you here.  The color is just really soothing but luxurious at the same time.  A


Sinful Colors Yellow Spotted is a rather sheer, bright yellow shimmer.  There's a lot of gold and pink shimmer in there and I think if it was a little more opaque then it would be a home run.  As a result of the fact that you really need three coats, I don't usually reach for this one very much.  B-


NYC Mint'ed on Broadway doesn't really look mint to me...it's more like somewhere between turquoise and teal.  But it is a nice cream and went on smooth and even in two coats.  I found this in a bargain bin and if you see it I'd recommend it because the color is lovely.  This brand is very budget-friendly and their creams are usually really nice.  A


From one of my very favorite brands, I have Zoya Hazel for you.  This is a beautiful silver/blue foil that is pretty much a one-coater although I have shown you two.  I have yet to meet a Zoya that I don't like and this one is no different.  I love it even though the foil is a bit of a mess upon cleanup, but it's worth it.  A


NYX Extreme Purple is one of the three polishes that I have tried from this brand and I really enjoyed the formula and the color.  This is shown at two coats without topcoat as I usually do, and I would definitely suggest a nice glossy topper for all of their polishes I've tried.  A


OPI San Tan-tonio is a lovely caramel/tan that glides on easily in two coats.  I think this one will be great for Fall, it's calming and chic.  This polish hails from the Spring 2011 Texas collection.  This little lady is the only polish I own from the Texas collection and it makes me wish that weren't so :)  A


This bedazzled wonder is Pure Ice Over You.  If you don't know, Pure Ice can be found at Walmart and it's another budget-friendly brand.  This glitter bomb really packs a punch.  Jam-packed with bright lavender glitters and short turquoise bars with turquoise hexes as well.  This one is soooo stunning on.  It might have been limited edition, and so I'm sorry if you're not able to find it because I do enjoy it so much.  A


My A+ polish of the week is China Glaze Rose Among Thorns which is a practically neon pink/coral that is so fun and rather stunning.  It comes from the INK 2008 collection, and it's still going strong!  As you can see, I'm showing it to you here in it's natural matte state, but you could definitely just add a glossy top coat if you prefer that instead.

And that's it!  Which did you enjoy the best?  Did you have another favorite other than the one I chose? And what were you loving on your nails this week?  I hope you had fun at this swatchfest with me and I'll see you back tomorrow :)

Song of the Day: The Killer- Just Another Girl

Over and out

2 comments: