Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 8/16/2014

Hey loves :)  Sorry I've been a bit MIA for a few days but I wouldn't miss my Saturday Swatchfest.  If you would like to see the live swatches of all 10 polishes in my random swatchfest, you can do so here:

As you can see, I had a special guest with me in this week's swatchfest.  We had so much fun :)
Let's get to some pictures:

Revlon Diva is a lovely mid-to-deep red cream.  This applies like a dream and the color is just lovely.  The top speed formula is always fabulous and there's no change here.  This is two coats.  A


China Glaze Bump & Grind is from the Texture collection and this was one of my favorite from the bunch.  I just love how bright and pigmented it is.  There is no shimmer in the texture and it's very coarse.  It's a lovely medium strawberry shade.  This is two coats.  A


For orange I'm showing you FingerPaints Tangerine Tint today.  This is a lovely creamy orange that leans a little coral.  It applied easily and I thought the color wasn't too obnoxious.  I picked this one up on clearance so I'm not sure if you can find it in the core range but if you're an orange polish fan you will really enjoy this one.  Again, I've shown you two coats.  A


Spoiled Designated Driver is our yellow polish today.  I've shown you two coats here and it could still probably use a third.  I have to admit this isn't my favorite yellow out there.  It is a fabulous bargain brand, but this just wasn't quite opaque enough, making it not worth messing with in my opinion.  Just my opinion :) C


Sally Hansen Insta Dri In a Splash is this lovely sea green cream.  I've shown you two coats here, but you could probably get away with one.  I think I found this one at a Big Lots and it was quite separated, but the color was still great on the nail.  The Insta Dri formula is one of my favorites and this was no exception.  A


OPI I Have a Herring Problem is a fantastically complex polish from the 2012 Holland collection.  It's still a tiny bit sheer at two coats, but it's worth it.  It is a medium gray blue with tons of gold and green shimmer.  I really love this one.  It has a very similar polish to it within the Holland collection called I Don't Give a Rotterdam but they're not dupes so you do "need" both ;)  This is two coats.  A


For purple I'm showing you Layla Ceramics Effect and my best guess at the name is CE 39.  This is an intense, deep eggplant satin cream with some delightful shift.  I found this on clearance at Ulta a while ago and picked it up to try out the brand.  I was really pleased with the polish and it was pretty much a one-coater.  I've shown you two here just for consistency.  Formula is easy and I had no issues.  A


For neutral I'm showing you Pure Ice Pot of Gold.  This is like a taupe metallic and unfortunately this did have some brush stroke issues.  I've shown you two coats here and I have to say I really wanted to like this one for Fall, but I just didn't :(  I give it a B-


This little lady is Nicole by OPI Luke of the Draw.  It's repping for glitter this week as it is a black jelly base holding silver glitters in many different sizes.  I've shown you three coats to get this level of opacity.  At two, which I showed you in the video swatches, it still shows a lot of vnl unfortunately.  This polish comes from the Modern Family collection.  B


For my A+ polish of the week I have another Pure Ice polish called Playful Purple.  This time the formula was perfection.  It applied so easily in two coats and I just didn't want to take it off when I was swatching.  I love this one and if you love this shade- you need this polish!  You can find this brand at Walmart.

And there you have it!  I hope you enjoyed this swatchfest.  Which was your favorite of these 10?  What were you wearing on your nails this week?  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Lo-Fi-Fnk Want You

Over and out


No comments:

Post a Comment