Hey party people. I had a request to create a tutorial for the nail art I featured on Friday's post- this geometric, woven star. This may look tricky, but if you know what order to draw it in- you'll be done in a flash :) Here's the finished look:
1) To start paint all of your nails your base color. I chose Nicole by OPI Nothing Kim-pares to Blue but you can pick whatever color you like. When that's had a chance to dry, move on to step 2.
2) Using your contrasting color, paint long lines across the nail in this pattern- an X with a line through it. It helps to have a long, thin brush for this step, but if you don't- that's ok; just pick a small brush for detailing and use it throughout.
3) This step starts the layering. Starting where one line meets the edge of the nail, draw another line in at a small angle to meet the next line to it's right- that make sense?
4) Once you've done that with every line in your fingers will look like this. So you started with 3 long lines, and now you have drawn 6 little angles.
5) For the sake of clarity, I changed to a white paint here to demonstrate where I am in the process. Whatever is white is the step you need to do now. See how I've drawn another slightly angled line up from one tip of the original 3 lines you made, but this time to the left, not the right? Don't do it in white, just keep using your original second color.
6) The white lines show what it will look like when you've done step 5 all the way around the star. This design is cute in and of itself, so if you want to stop here, you can. If you want to cover the entire nail, keep reading!
7) The white lines show I've drawn another angled line from the original star points, but to the right again.
8) Now lines from the original points, but to the left again. At this point your nails will be full and all you will need to do is draw a few well-placed line in the empty spaces around each edge to make it look as if the star continues off the finger.
9) When you've filled-in all the spaces, you will have achieved this look:
I hope you give this eye-catching nail art a try and let me know if you did and how it turns out for you. Don't forget to let me know if there's any certain design, whether you see it on my blog or not, that you want me to feature on Tutorial Tuesday. :)
Song of the Day: ceo- Come With Me
Over and out.