Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 06/01/2013

 It's Saturday!  Ten more lovelies.  Here's hoping you find something you fancy this week.  I sure did!

Pure Ice Super Star is my offering for red this week.  This was a pretty goopy red raspberry jelly polish.  Like literally my bottle I think was messed up because it looked like jelly in a bottle of polish and it took great effort to smooth out the polish on my nails.  It's a shame too because the color is interesting with the rainbow of shimmer within, but I've found that to be the case with this brand- hit or miss.  C-




Sinful Colors Sugar N Spice is sooo pretty.  Hot pink without being too hot and a tiny gold shimmer.  This is two coats of creamy goodness, and it looks like it could have used three to eliminate vnl.  I loved it though, A



Sinful Colors Serena and Chloe is amazing.  It's vibrant and screams to be noticed.  It has so much dimension, and as I really don't have that many orange polishes, so this one has a special place in my heart.  A.




Color Club Sunrise Canyon is acting as my yellow polish for this week.  It's barely in the yellow family as it is a very yellow green cream.  I love love love this color by the way.  It is from their Spring Fiesta collection and it was nearly a one-coater.  So glad it found it's way to my home.  A.




Orly Coachella Dweller from their Spring 2013 collection is a dusty spring green shimmer.  The shimmer is really faint, but it's there and adds a little something special to this polish.  As with most Orly polishes, it has a great, easy two coat formula, and they have some of the biggest bottles out there right now btw, giving you a lot o' bang for your buck.  A.




China Glaze Fade into Hue was one of my favorites from the Avant Garden 2013 collection.  It's such a mix of colors that it's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is but we're going to call it a dusty grey lavender.  Two coats, too beautiful.  A.




 L'oreal Paparazzi Pleaser is a gorgeous deep, dusty violet cream that was smooth and delicious in two coats.  Definitely a must-have purple for me.  A.




Milani HD is from their 3D Holographic offering and I love it so darn much!  It's also more budget friendly than other holographics and I just found it in their regular display at the drug store.  Looks like I could have maybe applied one more coat.  I give it a definite A.  Do you love holographic polishes as much as moi?




Sation Most Hue-nique looks more densely blue in the bottle, but is mostly made up of tiny silver and baby blue glitters, with some larger blue hexes.  I paired it with a great nude polish and I really liked this look.  A.




Julep Myrtle is my featured color of the week, or my A+ color.  When I got this in my May Julep box, I had forgot what shades were coming to me, and I thought, oh- another somewhat deeper, regular old red, and if it looks that way to you in the picture, then my camera did not do it justice.  This is going to be my go-to red now.  It applied onto my nail like silk slides across the skin- which is so delicious if you know the feeling.  The first stroke onto the nail and I was hooked, it's more of a crelly than a cream and pictured here is two coats.  I am obsessed with this shade and if you ever buy Julep polishes, put this one in your cart next time, you won't regret it!

The polish brands can be found at the following locations:
China Glaze- Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Julep- julep.com
Color Club- transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com, Ross 
Sinful Colors- Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens 
Milani- CVS, Walgreens
L'oreal- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Sation- transdesign.com
Orly- Sally Beauty Supply, CVS
Pure Ice- Walmart

That's it for this Saturday Swatch-a-thon.  Hope you have a great weekend.  See you tomorrow!

Song of the Day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqUBmeFn7qM

Over and out

1 comment:

  1. i love sunrise canyon and fade into hue! such lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete