Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 6/8/2013

What up? Time for some random swatching- it's Saturday!  Here are ten shades from my swatched file that I want to let out- they're dying to bat their eyes and flirt with you.  But what do you think?? Are you going to need them in your collection? :)


First off, we have Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Cinna-Snap which is lovely as pretty much every color I've tried from the Insta-Dri brand.  They are usually one-coaters, but as you can see, this one came out a little streaky.  Still lovely, very fall/winter.  A-




Julep Maria was one of the first major fails for me from this brand :(  It came in a Valentines Day mystery box and some foils I love but this one just just kinda eck.  It doesn't look as dreadful in these pictures as it was to apply but I was not inlove.  It was a one-coater but it showed like every imperfection in my nail, and ain't nobody got time for that! C





Sinful Colors Anchors Away is my orange polish for the week from their Sail La Vie collection that just came out a few weeks ago.  The whole collection is fabulous with lots of blues, but it included this lovely bright orange cream and a red crelly as well.  This is two coats and with many many Sinful Colors polishes, it applied so nicely and gives you the warm fuzzies thinking about how little you actually spent on this bottle :)  A




Spoiled Did I Dye it Too Blonde? is in their core set of polishes and it is loud and proud wouldn't you say?  This is two coats of highlighter jelly polish over two coats of a white base.  I love this color and couldn't wait to pull it out and start wearing it this summer.  A




Misa Blame it on Fat Tuesday is a really gorgeous jungle green that was still a little thin for me after two coats, but the color is just so delicious it's easy to forgive a little bit of vnl and just do three coats next time.  I really love this brand and will definitely be looking into bringing home more of them to my polish family in the future.  A.





China Glaze Sunday Funday has been waiting to be featured for a while since I picked it up when the Avant Garden collection came out this Spring.  I love most of that collection, but this one is definitely in my top three shades.  It's a perfect transition color from Spring to Summer because it's moving from the pastel to the bright range.  Seen here in two coats, you definitely will love adding Sunday Funday to your collection.  A.




Misa Throw Me Something Purple Please is another one I picked up from Misa on an order from transdesign.  Just look at the fabulous pigmentation and boldness of of this amazing Blurple!!  This is two coats and the formula was just a tad on the goopy side, but just barely.  All in all I think she is just lovely.  A-.




Julep Debra... how much can I love this polish?? Way too much apparently.  I keep reaching for her in all my nail art, she is a perfect palate cleanser, and she is chic and fabulous.  Two coats of smooth perfection.  A.




Julie G Blueberry Fizz is one example of the new texture trend that every major brand is trying their hand at.  Julie G does it the glitter/sparkling route whereas China Glaze is more grit.  What do you think?  Is it something you want to try?  I was hesitant because I hate glitter removal, but I couldn't resist.  Just like glitter polishes, it is a pain to remove, but I guess you can decide if you like the texture look enough to put up with the removal.  I think this shade is lovely and it was the only one I let myself pick up from her textures.  A.




Sinful Colors My Bouyfriend is very similar to the Misa shade I just showed you, right?  It is my A+ color of the week and edged out Throw Me Something Purple Please because of the flawless formula, and the shade is just a tiny bit less bright and somehow more attractive to me that way.  Also, it's about half the price...soo- she wins!  This is two coats, and I hope you like it as much as I do. :)

You can find the brands I featured at the following locations:
Spoiled- CVS, Walmart
Sally Hansen- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
China Glaze- Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Julep- julep.com

Sinful Colors- Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Julie G- Rite Aid

Misa- transdesign.com

Song of the Day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwYJyrKK5A

Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment