Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 3/15/2014

Saturday: Swatch day!  Comin' right at you- 10 polishes that haven't found it on to my blog yet.  I'll tell you what I think of them and let me know what your favorite is.  Here we go:
Avon- Grape Goddess is a very nice, traditional shade with a little shimmer added in.  You're looking at two coats and it was nice and easy to apply.  As far as polishes go, these shades tend to make me yawn a little bit, but every color has its time and place.  This color just doesn't scream anything special at me.  B




Pure Ice- Rumors is a really lovely deep, dusty rose and I think this shade looks particularly complimentary on the nail.  Still, we find ourselves in very traditional waters, but as far as formula goes, this one was really nice.  You're looking at two easy coats.  B+




Sephora by OPI- Hi-Def is a super creamy and smooth powerful orange.  You're looking at two coats, per usual, but this one was almost a one-coater.  I was really pleasantly surprised with this polish and I think this will become a go-to orange for me because it was so opaque.  A




China Glaze- Goldie but Goodie is a really nice gold foil from the China Glaze Happy Holiglaze Winter 2013 Collection and I waited to pick this one up til it was clearanced at Sally's, and then chopped in half again with the red tag sale- which made it like $1.50.  There are just a lot of great gold foils out there, and while this does have a bit of dimension in there because it mixes different shades of gold, I still feel it was better to wait.  This is two coats, but you could maybe get away with one.  A




L'oreal Club- Prive is a nice soothing turquoise and it was creamy and opaque in two coats.  There's nothing super special for me about this color, but if you love blues and greens, you'll like this one as well.  It's an easy, no-hassle application.  B+




Sinful Colors- Blue Persuasion is so much fun.  I know not everyone loves textured polish as much as I do, but I go cuckoo for it and this one is really interesting.  It's like an indigo blue with flashes of fuchsia glitter.  I love it when Sinful Colors pushes the envelope. This is two coats.  A




Fingerpaints- a Grape Catch is a really lovely deep violet metallic.  I've seen a much more impressive purple metallic from this brand called Rock Hard Lilac, so I can't give this top marks, but this one is really nice. You're looking at two coats.  B+




OPI- Taupeless Beach is one of the neutrals that OPI released in their Brazil collection and I really like it. The formula wasn't quite spot on as far as OPI goes, but it was ok to work with.  I think it's a great palette cleanser and I'm happy I picked it up.  This is two coats.  A-




Milani- Sugar Rush over Color Club Sugar Rays is a chunky glitter in a clear base.  As you can see, all the glitters are these fun pastels of cream, green and orange, with some holo in there two.  This is really fun and original and I'm glad Milani is popping out some new shades.  My swatch is of two coats.  A




Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time is my A+ polish of the week.  This one is a one-coater, but I did two just for the sake of the swatch and I ended up making a wonky swatch, but don't hold that against this little beauty.  It has so much depth and I really love the shade.  I'd wear this any day :)  Love it.

That's it- which one can you see yourself wearing the most?  What was your favorite polish this week?  I hope you're having a fabulous day!  See you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: t.A.T.u.- All About Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAoiJV2TQ4Y
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment