Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Minnie-Me Nail Art Video Tutorial

What's up everybody?  Today I bring you my 450th post on this blog!  I do my best to post every day either with a new nail art design or a set of polish reviews, and here I am with 450 posts under my belt.  That's a lot of nail art, and I'm still as much in love with it as I was the first week!  A little while back I did some Minnie Mouse-inspired nails and today I have a similar design and a tutorial to go along with it that explores using unconventional tools for nail art and gives you options for going basic with your manicure or a bit more advanced based upon your preference or mood.  This tutorial was requested by the lovely Taylor Ann and here's the finished look:


If you want to watch the video tutorial for this look, you can find that here:


Basically, here's the steps: Paint your nails red, except for your accent nail, and using a dotting tool or a bobby pin, place dots in the pattern you see below (three dots in each line).  On the one nail painted white you will make one large dot and then two smaller dots for ears.  You can leave Minnie just like that, but if you want to elevate the difficulty a little bit, take your red polish and draw on the bow and place very small white dots on the box.  Finally, you will make thin lines on the bow to give it a bit more detail and make it more recognizable as a bow.  Here are a few more pictures:

For this look I used Color Club Mamba and China Glaze White on White with acrylic paints as well.  I hope you enjoyed this look and check out the tutorial.  If you like video tutorials, give it a thumbs up so I know :) Have a fabulous day and I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Empire of the Sun- Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKAwJKGSDc
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment