Monday, January 26, 2015

Saturday Random Swatchfest 1/24/2015

Hey loves!  Sorry this is coming in a few days late.  This weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday so there wasn't much time for me to blog, but better late than never :)  Let's look at these 10 random polishes from my collection.  As always, if you'd like to see live application of these polishes, you can do so here:


Let's look at the polish:
We'll start out this Swatchfest with OPI Fashion a Bow from the Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 collection.  I ended up really loving this one.  I just love red crellies.  The look of this slightly-squishy finish in a red is just something so special.  This is two easy coats.  A


Sparitual Wilderness is our pink polish but it's a pink/peach/gold shimmer combo.  It's also a textured polish.  For crying out loud, this polish is so, so pretty!  This is two coats, but you could probably get away with one coat.  A


Dermelect Head Turner is a super juicy, sunny orange crelly.  I really ended up liking this one even though I thought it was going to be too sheer.  However, it was this super-lovely loud but pretty
color.  Just loved it.  A


OPI Good Grief! is from the Peanuts collection that came out in the end of 2014.  This is still a tiny bit patchy at two coats, which is what I've shown you here.  This is a very sunny, bright medium yellow! kapow!  I really like this one for a pretty basic yellow cream.  B+


Our green polish this weekend is China Glaze Gaga for Green from the Spring 2012 Electropop collection.  This is a yellow-toned green cream and I've shown you two coats here.  This was just a tiny bit too sheer for me at two coats, but I don't really love having to do three coats with creams.  It's still nice though.  B


Zoya Liberty is a pretty warm-feeling medium blue pixie dust.  I don't know what it is about this one. When it dried, i didn't like that strong contrast between the darker blue textures and the bright sparkly blue, but it is still pretty.  This is two coats.  B+


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Plummet is a lovely one-coater deep violet.  I've shown you two coats here, but you really don't need it.  Fabulous, wish all cream polishes had this nice of formula.  A

 
Wet n' Wild Yo Soy is a lovely taupe nude from the newly-packaged release of polishes.  I really like this shade and for $0.99 I think they did a great job.  This is two coats.  A


KB Shimmer Holly Back Girl is my glitter polish this week.  It's from their Holiday 2014 collection and I looooove it :)  I received this as a gift from a girlfriend, and I know it's not the holidays anymore lol but I don't really care.  I'm going to be lovin' this baby for years to come.  This is two coats, and the white base is a little bit sheer at two coats, but I just love how vibrant the glitters are. A


OPI First Class Desires is my A+ polish of the week!  I'm so in love with this deep purple base that is just filled with gold shimmer.  So divine.  You're looking at two coats, and if you're wondering, this is very similar to Zoya Sansa.

And there we go! Another Swatchfest is over.  I hope you've had a wonderful week and weekend and that you're staying warm and safe.  Please let me know in the comments below what your favorite polish of the week is.

See you back next time :)  Over and out.


2 comments:

  1. Loving that SpaRitual polish. I have not tried any of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you find one to try, they are so special :)

    ReplyDelete