Thursday, January 8, 2015

FingerPaints Bright Lights Big City Collection Live Application Review

Who loves FingerPaints polishes?? They are sold at Sally Beauty Supply and they recently came out with a new collection called Bright Lights Big City.  It's comprised of 6 polishes- they are shimmers and glitters.  If you'd like to watch the live application review of this collection you can do that here:

Let's look at the photos:

First let's look at one of the glitters.  This is Dance Floor Diva and I'm showing you one coat over Urban Lights, another polish in this collection.  It's a lightly-tinted purple base with micro gold and purple shimmer with blue, pink, and white hexes.  This one looks really lovely over a dark base to let those microshimmer/duochrome shimmers really shine!  I've also shown it to you here over white so that you can see what the polish is made of.





Next up we have a dark gray, almost black jelly base that is filled with micro silver, red, and blue glitters.  It's called Hey Mr. DJ!  This is two coats that you're looking at but it doesn't really reach opacity at just two.  I'd definitely go for a third.  I had no issues with application.


Another chunky glitter in the collection, this one is called In the City Lookin' Pretty.  Again I've shown you the polish over white and it's only one coat.  You get a lot of product here with each swipe.  It's a clear base with light rosy-pink and holographic hexes.

 
They included one polish that is truly just a topper multichrome.  It's called Paint the Town Purple. On it's own this one is fairly sheer- kind of what the bottle shot looks like, but lighter.  Over black, which is what you see here- it really lets the pink, purple, and copper of the multichrome shine.  I love the look of this special polish. This is just one coat over black.


Another multichrome in the collection, this is Urban Lights.  This one shifts from pink to teal, but I wasn't able to capture it very well with my camera.  In the bottle you can see it a bit better.  This one is really stunning and you're looking at two coats.


One of my favorites from the collection is this fantastic pink and gold duochrome called What a Night.  This is two coats; it applied nicely, and I really just wanted to stare at it all day long.

I hope you found this review helpful.  I think FingerPaints is a really underrated polish brand so I'm always happy to present it.  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back next time :)

Song of the Day: Lucius- How Loud Your Heart Gets

Over and out

2 comments: