Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 8/17/2013

Well hello weekend!  First week of school is said and done, although we didn't even have a full week- just two days.  But it's under our belt.  I have ten more lovely shades for you today.  I've given them my rating, why don't you see if you find anything you'd give an A rating to.

Red- Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar is your basic cherry red high shine polish with some tiny dots of gold mixed in.  It's pretty but I have other reds that I favor more.  B.




Pink- Sinful Colors Cotton Candy is a very sweet cream pink, but not very original.  It's a good formula in two coats, and was soft and perfect for Spring, but there has been baby pink polishes forevs, so I'm not fascinated with it or anything.  B+




Orange- Julep Cassie is a peach/orange crelly on the sheerer side but I don't really mind.  This is three coats and it is a really beautiful palate cleanser while still having a little color.  I'm in love :) A




Yellow/Gold- Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Firefly is from one of Sally Hansen's higher-priced collections Lustre Shine, and it really is gorgeous, but I didn't pick this polish up until it went on clearance recently because it is very similar to many golden-green duochromes on the market.  This is not shown layered over black (a technique known to bring out the color shift in duochromes).  I would say if you have another polish similar to this shade, you don't need this one, while it is still very lovely.  A




Green- Barielle Mint Ice Cream Cone is a very pale mint green.  This is a very unique color in my opinion.  Not the best formula in this cream polish- shown with two coats- I had to push it around a little bit more than I like to have to do.  However I still do really like the shade.  B+




Blue- L'oreal Jet Set to Paris is a medium to dark blue that was a bit of a stainer....boooo.  This is two coats, and I think with so many other gorgeous blues out there, even from within the same brand, that I'd steer clear of this one.  B-.




Purple- Orly Velvet Rope is such a gorgeous polish!  It really does look like velvet on the nail, and this deep plum with silver specs throughout is sensual and unusual.  I love it and it will be perfect for Fall and Winter coming up.  A.




Neutral- Avon Sweet Pea Dream is a very delicate opalescent beige.  I was not expecting to love this one as much as I did.  While the formula wasn't exactly spot-on, the shade is just so delectably fresh.  This is shown in two coats.  A.




Glitter- Kleancolor Shooting Star is great fun.  Tiny silver glitters mixed with medium-sized yellow, blue, and red hexes are just perfect, especially layered over a cherry red I think.  For me, there are only a few large glitter polishes that are worth cleaning them off your nails.  I'd say this one was cute enough to merit the cleanup.  A.




Featured- China Glaze Sea Spray has been calling to me.  Sometimes after the Spring and Summer my nails feel like they need to be muted down and this gray has just the perfect amount of blue/green in it don't you think?  It spices it up just a little bit so it's not just a plain old gray- which is gorgeous too ;) This is two coats and I love it! A+

What about you? Which polish was your favorite this week?  Were there any A+ colors in this bunch?  Hope you're having a stellar weekend!

The above brands can be found at the following places:
Avon- avon.com
Barielle- transdesign.com, nordstrom rack
China Glaze- Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com
Julep- julep.com
Kleancolor- amazon.com
L'oreal- Target, Walmart, Kmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Orly- Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com
Sally Hansen- Target, Walmart, Kmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Sinful Colors- Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Waltgreens

Song of the Day: Delorean- Real Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSlg-JWQJa4
*disclaimer- this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment