Thursday, February 13, 2014

10 Most-Loved Yellow and Gold Polishes

Hi ya'll!  It's time for some more polish favs- today's installment is yellow and gold polishes.  Do you ever wear these shades?  I love em even though they may not always be appropriate for work or what have you, but they can really brighten up your day.  Here is the video with live application of my most loved polishes in this category and then below that you will find picture swatches of each polish.




My first gold polish choice is this foil from Color Club called Winter Affair.  This is a scented polish and was nearly a one-coater.  This looks stunning on the nails and is a very light shade of gold that it's close to looking silver sometimes.  This one is smooth and easy to apply, and you're looking at two coats.




Here we have a recently released polish, China Glaze Mingle With Kringle.  Super different from the last gold metallic, as this one is more pigmented and has some deeper gold in there.  This is two coats as well, as as with the Color Club polish, requires quite a bit to cleanup because they are so dense with shimmer.




This lovely duochrome is Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Firefly.  This does shift green and blue in the bottle, but on the nail it looks mostly like a rose-gold to me.  Every polish in this small release is divine and this one is no different.  Smooth and easy in two coats.




Hello, deep and delicious gilded gold, Sephora by OPI Rumba Romance.  Wow this one is so special and I found this one per usual in a clearance section of Marshalls.  You're looking at two coats and it is the last of my gold polishes in this top 10 but it is certainly not the least!




My pick for pale yellow polishes is Ulta Cream of the Crop.  First of all I love the name, but I just think it looks very nice.  Still sheerer than I'd like at two coats, but for a pale yellow I think it did a fine job.  You might want to go three coats on this one, but it was smooth and easy to apply.




This yellow crelly with holographic pink shimmer packed throughout is Orly Melodious Utopia.  This one is also a bit sheer at two coats, but it really has that something special.  You could maybe layer this one over a basic yellow polish, or even white.  I love how unique this is.




Here is Fingerpaints Art Nouv Yellow, repping for the middle-of-the-road yellows.  The only thing different about this one is it has a bit of frost which is hard to pick up on a yellow polish, but it's there.  It gives this polish a little bit of pizazz and this is two coats over one coat of white I think, but in the video above I applied it on its own, so you can see what that looks like there.




Really unique, and when I saw this little lady on the sale rack she called out to me.  It's Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Butterscotch.  First off, this line has never disappointed in the formula department, ever- so that was a good bet.  Secondly- the color is just so intriguing.  If not butterscotch, this could aptly be named Mustard but I'm guessing the brand was going for a bit more delectable of a name. :) This was runner-up for my number one fav yellow polish.




I couldn't show you my top yellows without throwing a neon in there.  This is Kleancolor Funky Yellow and this looks bright at two coats, but if you put these two coats over one coat of white cream polish...it's out of this world.  This polish is a slow dryer so watch out.




Rounding out the top 10 I give you this yellow cream from Cosmetic Arts.  This is a no-name polish, so I gave it the name Sunflower just for my own purposes.  Sunflower is pretty-much a one-coater which is almost unheard of for a yellow polish and the formula is fab.  Applies easily and I originally purchased mine at Ross, but I haven't seen any there for quite sometime.  I hope you are able to find these online if you're interested in giving Sunflower(non-official name) a go.

And that's it!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you found something you like, and let me know in the comments below what your favorite yellow polish is.  Don't forget to watch the live application video and give it a thumbs up if you like live application swatching.  Have a fabulous day and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Ok Go- Oh Lately It's So Quiet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiuXP_Zyvv4
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment