Hey Gals and Dolls, it's Tuesday again, so it means it's time to try another new look. For this look I've combined nautical and patriotic elements. It didn't start that way, but after I added a little bit of glitz, the little canvases really looked like flags. So if you're in the mood to salute your sea legs, follow along. Here's what I did to achieve this look:
1) First off you want to paint all but your accent nails two coats of white polish
2) Paint your accent nail two coats of your favorite medium to dark blue.
3) You're going to paint an anchor on your accent nail. I didn't photograph each little step, but this is the final look. What you want to do is first take a large dotting tool and place a white dot on the middle of your nail near the cuticle. Then taking a toothpick and more white polish add a white strip going down from your circle to the edge of your nail, but leave a little room. Using the toothpick place a small horizontal line through the vertical line you just drew. Again, take your toothpick and white polish -draw two curved lines going up on each side of that small horizontal line. Leave enough space to draw the small triangles at the end of each line. Have patience. You will go over each line a few times with your toothpick most likely. Lastly take your blue polish again and make a smaller dot inside the white dot. I hope that's easy enough to follow- sorry about that.
4) Taking a nice true red and a striper brush paint some evenly-spaced stripes on each nail that has been painted white- leaving a white stripe at the tip of the nail.
5) Using your blue polish again, paint the tip that had been left white.
6) Now time for a little bling. I used a clear-based large silver hex glitter. You can choose whatever you have or don't add bling at all- whatever your flavor is. :) If you choose not to add the silver hexes and the blue tips, it won't turn out as patriotic if you prefer that. If you want it- just carefully place a stripe of the hexes along the white row closest to the tip.
Your finished look will be like this:
I hope you try this- and as always, let me know if you do!
Have a fabulous week! See you tomorrow for a weekly wrap-up
Over and Out