Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 10/25/2014

Welcome back polish peeps!  I hope you're all having a great day!  Today we're looking at ten random polishes from my untried polishes, per usual for Saturdays around here.  If you'd like to see my video review of these polishes, you can do so here:

Let's get into it!
Orly Mind's Eye is this dusty cranberry cream.  It's gets opaque-enough but it could probably be a little less streaky.  I do still enjoy the color, but I don't feel like it's one you need to run out and purchase right this moment.  B


Wet n' Wild Frosted Fuchsia is an oldie, but a goodie if you like pink.  This is definitely very shimmery- lots of purple shimmer.  For the price tag, this has a great formula.  You know I'm not a major pink fan, and for that reason, I give it a B.


FingerPaints Kitchy Tangerine is a very vibrant matte orange.  This one would probably look better top-coated but I've shown it to you as it naturally applies.  You definitely need two coats but at two it looks even enough.  If you are an orange-lover, you'll love this one.  As for me, I'm not sure how often I'll wear it except for Summer.  B


For gold/yellow, this is Nina Ultra Pro Gold Flake Top Coat.  I've shown it to you here on it's own, but I bet it looks great as a topper too!  This is two coats and it didn't get absolutely opaque, but I enjoy the color, really rich and regal.  B+


Pure Ice Home Run is this light sea green cream.  The formula was a little bit thick and wasn't as easy to apply as I wish it were, but for the price, which is under two dollars, it's pretty great.  B+


Now here's my first A of the day- this is Sinful Colors Miami Heat.  As you can see, this is a really gorgeous, lustrous royal blue.  On the first coat it's disappointing because it's sheer- but on the second coat, it's magic :)  As I've said before, Sinful knows how to do blues.


OPI Vesper is from the Bond Girls collection.  It's this very deep eggplant that is obviously textured and it has no shimmer or glitter.  I had to be careful with this lady and my cuticles, but other than that I really like it.  A-


This little random polish is Bongo Poppin' Bottles.  I picked up this gray, with blue and purple shimmer, at a Kmart like forever ago.  I'm not sure if they carry this brand anymore, but you can find some similar polishes to this one elsewhere so don't worry about it.  This is very sheer at one coat and just gets enough opacity at two coats to be passable, but the hue is so pleasant.  B


From last Halloween, this is China Glaze Boo-gie Down.  It combines black micro, hex, and bar glitters, copper and white hexes as well.  It's great- easy to apply in one coat and you don't have to mess around with glitter placement.  This is just one coat.  A


For my A+ polish of the week, this is Sparitual Intuition.  On the two fingers on the right, I've shown you two coats alone, and the two on the left is one coat over black.  The application of the black base was not the best- it's not Intuition's fault :)  I am so in love with the reflective blues and purples of this polish over a dark polish.  Ugh!

And there you have it- we are all done!  I hope you're having a great day!!  See you back next time.

Song of the Day: Cillie Barnes- Veranda (RAC Remix)

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. Man I wish I was better at applying polish and/or a more patient person. These are so pretty, especially the Bongo Poppin' Bottles & that last beautiful, blue/purple shimmery polish. ;_; The last one actually reminds me of this gorgeous set I got from the Face Shop when I went to CA. It's called Planet Art Nails in "Purple Planet" and it's just purple and black celestial goodness. Anyway, it was nice seeing such a variety of pretty colors while it's gray and gloomy outside, so thanks for sharing. :)

    ~nikki ('<>')>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome- I've never head about planet art nails! Thanks for introducing me to it :) Hope you're having a great day Nicole!!

      Delete