Sunday, October 5, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 10/04/2014

Well hello there!  Thanks for stopping in for this Saturday Swatchfest!  We have fun on Saturdays! We look at 10 random polishes from my stash that have never appeared on my channel or blog, so let's get to it!  If you'd like to see this review in video form, you can do so here:


Let's get to it!

OPI Red Hot Rio is repping for red today.  This is just a great classic, almost cherry red.  This is more in the crelly family and gets to this lovely level of opacity in two coats.  This is great if you're needing a go-to red in your life!  A


For pink we're looking at Orly Elation Generation.  This polish was released in the Spring 2013 Hope and Freedom collection.  As you can see it's a pink/salmon crelly that is packed with little holo squares.  I really only like this shade...the formula aint the best and I am not that crazy about the color, so there ya go.  I give it a B-


This is our orange polish of the day and it's Sinful Colors Cloud 9.  This is a really citrus orange yellow.  It doesn't get super opaque at two coats, and again I don't really care for the hue.  B-


For gold/yellow I'm showing you Fingerpaints Elves Bells from a past Holiday collection.  I actually kind of like the greenness of this gold.  However, it doesn't get opaque in two coats which is kind of a bummer.  But I do love all the holo in here.  I give it a B.


For green I'm showing you the sea green/turquoise that is NYX Surf.  Unfortunately this is also not super opaque at two coats but I do really love the color.  It has a very subtle shimmer that you may be able to make out if you look super super careful.  I only like this ok as well.  B


This kind of sheer royal blue is Nina Ultra Pro Cobalt and I feel like this is a jelly even though it reaches this level of opacity.  I think maybe that's because it's so dark.  However, I can't abide a polish that doesn't reach opacity so I'm still not very fond of this one but if you need a deep blue jelly then you might wanna check this one out.  B-


For purple we have China Glaze Sweet Hook from the Spring 2012 Electropop collection.  This is a gorgeous delicate pastel lilac which has a fabulous formula.  Super creamy and almost a one-coater for a pastel.  If you don't have it, get it :)  A


For neutral today, we're looking at Nicole by OPI Follow Me on Glitter which is from the Fall 2011 Kardashian collection.  This one's lovely and it applies rather nicely, and look at all that rainbow glitter in there!  Love it!  A


For glitter we are looking at Sally Hansen Gem Crush Lady Luck.  She is a fuchsia microglitter with larger holo glitters.  Unfortunately this is three coats to reach this level of opacity which I don't love about it.  I think I'd reach for another glitter over this one so that tells me it's a B-


Last up we have my A+ polish of the week and this is Sinful Colors Endless Blue and I think it's included in their Holiday displays right now so you may be able to find it easier although I picked it up quite some time ago and just never got around to swatching it...doh!  What a lovely blue and it's pretty much opaque in one coat even though I've shown you two.  These kind of blues just breathe life into me!

And that's it!  Hope you're all having a wonderful day and I'll see you back next time :)

Song of the Day: Bastille- Things We Lost in the Fire

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment