Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 5/17/2014

Hello my fellow polish addicts!  How is your Saturday going so far?  Wow, it was hot last night- made it difficult to sleep...and it feels like it's going to be another hot one today too!  Maybe these ten polishes will give us something to distract ourselves from the heat.  All ten polishes have never been featured on my blog before- and now it's their time to shine.  Let's get going:
OPI- Every Month is Oktoberfest is a dark maroon shimmer from the Fall 2012 Germany collection.  It's such an intense and mysterious color, I absolutely love it.  The gorgeous warm, rustic orange running through it gives the polish a duality once you look in close.  This is two coats.  A




Wet n Wild Megalast Beat of a Generation is from the recently-released collection of brights for the Spring/Summer 2014.  This is two coats, and it applied nicely, not perfectly, but it was ok.  I found these polishes for just under two dollars at CVS and I think it definitely qualifies as a good bang for your buck. Not my favorite color to wear, but I don't mind the shade.  A-




Revlon Marmalade is I think a really gorgeous orange cream.  It has just enough pink in it to make it totally wearable, in my opinion.  This is two coats, and like the rest of the Revlon Colorstay line it applies nice and evenly.  If you find these clearanced at Walgreens and Big Lots, I would snag them up if you find a color you like.  A




Sinful Colors Face the Facets is quite a punch of color!  This recently hit a display in Walgreens that includes two shades from the shimmer textures released earlier this year.  I hadn't tried this one yet but since I so much enjoyed the other polishes in this formulation I had to pick it up.  Now, this is definitely not an every-day shade for me...but I do think it has a special something for a day when you're dying to wear something incredibly bright.  This is two coats.  A




Color Club La Petite Mint-Sieur comes from the Spring 2014 Paris in Love collection.  What a delightful dusty pastel green.  You're looking at two coats, but perhaps you might want to do a third.  This applies nicely if you make sure to leave enough drying time between layers.  I think the shade is delightful and is a pastel that doesn't go overly sweet.  A-




Julie G Santorini is from the Cruise collection that just dropped this Spring.  The collection has 6 lovely polishes, but this one was my favorite because it's periwinkle!  I couldn't tell from the bottle that it had any shimmer, but as I look at it here I can see the subtle shimmer.  I also see that I could have possibly needed a third layer, but maybe that only shows under my lights.  I am always happy with Julie G polishes.  This one did not disappoint.  A




Julep Iona came to me in my May Julep box and I am absolutely in love with the shade.  It is by no means unique...you can find near dupes in China Glaze What a Pansy, Color Club In the Limelight, Misa Total Eclipse of the Heart, Sation Super-nailtural Powers, and Sinful Colors My Bouyfriend.  However, it does not keep me from loving the polish.  This applied super creamily and silkily in two coats.  A really great polish.  A




Sally Hansen Gone Gray was an experiment in frost...The color is intriguing, but I did not particularly love it on the nail.  It is a nice, deep steel and you're looking at two coats.  This line always has a great formula, and if you're looking for a great steel frost, then you might like to pick this one up.  B




China Glaze Be Merry, Be Bright over OPI Push and Shove has got some of my favorite colors in it and I absolutely love the combination.  The indigo and bright fuchsia make for such a festive and bright celebration on the nail, and so fitting as a part of the Holiday collection for 2013.  This is two coats, and it was not difficult to get the amount of glitter I desired on the nail.  A




Pure Ice Lucky Charming is my A+ polish of the week, and can you see why?  The green and gold shimmer/foil is so delicious!  I just love how lit up this polish is.  You're looking at 2 coats and for how powerful this polish is- can you believe you can pick it up at Walmart for under 2 bucks?  This one might have been promoted in a St. Patrick's Day but if it happens to still be at your Walmart like it was at mine...now you know what you can expect.

So how was that?  Did you find your polish fix for the day in these 10 shades?  Which was your favorite of the bunch and what have you been wearing on your nails this week?  I hope you're having a fabulous day and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Calexico- Frontera/Trigger

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment