Monday, November 10, 2014

L'oreal Sparkling Soiree Holiday 2014 Live Application and Review

I've got a lovely holiday collection to share with you today that you can pick up at the drugstore.  I feel like L'oreal has again done a wonderful job with this 8 piece collection that isn't just a Christmas collection, but feels very New Year as well.  It consists of four opaque polishes and four flashy toppers.  If you'd like to see the live application of all of these polishes then you can see that here:


Let's talk polish!
The first one I'm going to show you is a deep plum cream called Almost Midnight.  This one applied so nicely, creamy and no fuss.  Such a great option for a dark nail.  You know I love purple and this is so dark and sexy.  Loved it.


 24-Carat is the topper polish I swatched over the deep purple.  This is a dense gold foil shard topper.  I've shown you two coats here and I had no issues getting enough foil out of the bottle.


Bring the Rubies is this gorgeous holiday red lustre polish.  Wow this one is so nice on the nail and applies like a dream.  You know I'm not crazy about red, but I was totally diggin' this one.  I definitely wouldn't call this a cherry red, it is definitely more sophisticated and chic.  Super powerful and fun red polish from the drugstore.


 Over top the red, I'm showing you Snow Ball.  As you can see, it's a holographic, multi-sized glitter.  This one is bangin!  I love it so much and this is two coats- easy to apply and get enough glitter out.  Fabulous!


Hit the Slopes is the classic white they gave us.  The formula on this one was pretty good.  I had no trouble reaching opacity on two coats- which I liked, but unfortunately it got a little goopy when I was using it for nail art throughout one day.  So, not perfect formula...but still pretty good.


Midnight Fireworks is a great glitterbomb.  It has all sorts of colors in there: silver, blue, purple, green, red, and gold from what I can see.  There are two sizes of glitters- medium hexes and then much smaller hexes.  Loved it- it's such a fun party in a bottle and it looks great over this white.


Tuxedo Noir is the last opaque shade of the collection, but it does not disappoint!  I absolutely love how rich and luscious this black and silver shimmer is.  Wow, wow, wow this looks so party and chic at the same time.  So, tasty, I absolutely love this one.  Two easy coats- definitely one of my faves from the collection.


Pink Party Dress is this super vibrant multi-sized pink/red glitter.  As you can see- two coats gets you a lot of product on the nail.  Such a gorgeous color- if you're looking for a party red glitter, this one is fab!

Did you find anything you like from this collection?  I haven't really been that impressed by the holiday collections out this year(ahem...China Glaze, Essie, OPI, FingerPaints...snore...) but I did really enjoy this one for it's great versatility and I found them all at 40% off one day, so I was happy to snatch them up.  Since picking up this collection, I really haven't been interested in any other holiday collections thus far- been riding with this one and Orly's as far as mainstream polishes are concerned.  Indie brands are really hitting it out of the park right now and I'm planning to pick up some indie goodies soon!  I hope if you liked these that you're able to find them- I spotted the display at Rite Aid.

I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back next time :)

Song of the Day: Jessie J- Domino

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment