Monday, November 10, 2014

L'oreal Collection Privée: The Perfect Nudes

Hey Dolls!  I've got another fabulous collection from L'oreal to show you today.  Seriously- lately L'oreal is ma boo :)  As far as drugstore is concerned- L'oreal is a little on the pricier side, but I truly feel like across the board they have a higher quality than some of the other brand.  Today we're looking at the Collection Privée: The Perfect Nudes which is made up of 6 nudes inspired by 6 famous women.  I really think there are some stunners in here and a great polish for everyone.  If you'd like to see live application of each shade, you can check that out here:

On to the polishes!
First up we have Doutzen's Nude which is a light pinky brown nude.  This is two coats(as they all will be) and this gives great coverage in two coats.  These all definitely need two coats and apply with no issues at all.  The model that this polish was inspired by probably has the closest skin tone to mine, but even though I enjoy this color, it actually wasn't my favorite- which just goes to show you really don't have to go with the typical perfect nude for your skin tone :)  Just pick which one you like.


Next we have Eva's Nude, which is a light camel nude with subtle shimmer.  This one was a surprise for me- I didn't know any would have shimmer and the color is really lovely.  On my hand- this was the one that I felt was the least attractive, but that's just my preference.  As you can see- at two coats you can still see the nail just a bit- so maybe a third coat would be appropriate here, but I don't think you'd have a problem because this wasn't overly thick.  On my channel, a number of people said this was their favorite shade, so it definitely goes to show that there is something great here for everyone.


Freida's Nude is the polish inspired by Freida Pinto and it is a very frosty bronzy-nude.  This applies nicely at two coats, and just because of finish, this wasn't really up my alley, but again, some of my viewers said they loved it the best.  Again, nice that they gave another type of finish, rather than just all creams.


One of my favorites out of the bunch is Jennifer's Nude which is just a fantastic gray/beige.  You know I love me a gray cream and this one was no different.  I'm showing you two coats here, and it may be just a touch thin, so you could go for a third coat if you want it to be a bit more rich. Delicious!


Julieanne's Nude is up next- and this is really what I think of when I imagine a tan nude.  This one was only ok- just because for me this runs a little too warm.  I really enjoy cooler tones on me- personal preference- but the formula is fab.  This is again two coats and this time, I had no issues feeling it was too thin.


My other favorite from the collection is Liya's Nude.  She probably has the least similar complexion to my own but I absolutely love it.  It's like Jennifer's Nude but it's deeper and has more mauve.  I just love it and it's nice and opaque at two coats, with zero application issues.

So that's it for the Collection Privée: Perfect Nudes.  I did try one of the lipsticks(Julieanne's) and really enjoyed that as well.  I hope you found something in here that you like and that you're having a great day!  XOXO- I'll see you back next time :)


Song of the Day: Daft Punk- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment