Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunday Random Swatches 12/16/12

Well it's been an overcast, wet Sunday here, perfect for some random swatching!  We actually also did Christmas at our house today.  The whole family was sniffling and so we stayed in and huddled together and opened the gifts we got each other.  Not because we like to be rebellious so much as  the boys will be with their dad for Christmas and it seemed the perfect opportunity to have a nice leisurely celebration and not squeeze it in somewhere before they leave this weekend.  We even had Christmas dinner and we all pitched in because mom has been in a cooking slump...can I get a shout-out from all my turned-off-by-cooking peeps out there??

Anyway, pics of that to come...

On to the swatching!

I Tripped on the Red Carpet
 I had such high hopes for this red...I really did.  The color is just right for my skin tone and I thought this jelly will be just perfection.  However, I'm not sure if any perfect coloration of a polish can wipe out the scarring you receive from a staining/bleeding polish.  Booo- I have to mourn over my disappointment some more.  You get a C, I Tripped on the Red Carpet from Spoiled.



Craving Coral
 Fabulous Orange Crelly (Cream/Jelly finish)- the color was spot on, and the finish was nice and easy.  I give you an A, Craving Coral from Revlon.  This was another bargain bin find at Grocery Outlet.  Woot.



Pop Art Purple
 Now- I don't see purple here- it's dark pink all the way, but whatever you see- I hope you see love like me!  This creamy matte beauty is a playful attention-getter if I ever saw one.  Pop Art Purple from Fingerpaints- you get an A.



Don't be Cheesy
 I loved the name of this polish- to start out.  However, I didn't love love the swatch.  Now, let me give it the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe if I layered it over a similar yellow cream...but I was hoping for more opacity.  It does have a nice opalescent quality, but given the sheerness, and my eh over the color, I'd say B- to you Don't Be Cheesy from Spoiled.



Decadence
 Ok, A right here for Barielle Decadence.  This deep teal shimmer polish was perfection in two coats.  So smooth easy to work with- it's still on my nails as we speak :)



French Kiss
 This rich cobalt cream- Pure Ice French Kiss was just ok.  Took me a little work to get a smooth finish here, and sadly this was a stainer.  I give you a B-



Buffy the Violet Slayer
 First of all- the theme for these colors from Wet n Wild Fastdry is so fun- this is Buffy the Violet Slayer.  Not the most creative compared to say- OPI, but they make me nostalgic :)  Also- surprise surprise- I love this shade.  Love Love- I probably wouldn't wear it on my nails every day because I'd miss my blues and grays, but maybe I'll just hang this picture up and look at it every day- love.  The shine is gorgeous and the color is just so rockin. A



Hushed Blush
 Another bargain bin find- I'm very happy with this one.  I'm not too much about neutrals when I paint my nails, but when it's just one of those days- I'm happy to have this color to go to.  With a beautiful shimmer and shine, this rosy-camel tan is just lovely.  A to Hushed Blush from Revlon.



Glitter Goblin
 I know this polish is way late ;) but hey I don't plan on only sporting this in October.  This is Glitter Goblin from the China Glaze Halloween 2012 collection.  After getting used to the fact that if you shop China Glaze clearance- you're getting collections after they're old news- I can just enjoy the fact that I got them half off and not really worry if I've gotten to wear them for that whole season, cuz who likes confines anyway.  I say wear what you like, no matter the season!  This copper based multi glitter throws in all kinds of colors as you can see- but keeps it to the copper/orange-red family.  This polish definitely didn't speak to me like ....the next color...but I also didn't try any layering options like I should have- so I'll put that on my to-do list.  On it's own it get's a B.



Sweet Peacock
Sweet Peacock, did I love this color!  When I can't take my eyes off my nails all day, and then the next day too since I couldn't bear to take the polish off- I know I'm in love.  Sweet Peacock from Orly is out of this world fabulous to me.  If you're wondering if it really glow/shines like that in person- it does and better.  I've never been so ga-ga over an Orly shade, but Sweet Peacock restores my faith in this brand's quality.  I picked this little gem up at Sally's Beauty Supply if you just gotta have it ;)  A++ color of the week!

Go paint those nails!
And don't forget to check out all the bling at http://www.etsy.com/shop/HonorMoon
I'm trying to increase my inventory steadily- so you'll find new stuff there all the time.

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment