Monday, November 21, 2016

Saturday Random Swatchfest 6/20/2015

Hey there! Welcome to another swatchfest!  Hope you're having an awesome day!  If you'd like to watch the video of swatchfest, you can do so here:

Ulta Let the Flames Begin is just so great- I mean look at that color!  This is such a classic, bright red and this is two coats.  A


Sally Hansen Bubblegum Pink is a medium pink with very subtle shimmer.  This is two coats.  The formula was ok but the color's not my favorite.  B


L.A. Girl Hot Stuff is a warm coral orange cream.  The formula on this one wasn't anything to write home about.  I'd skip it.  C+


Zoya Severine is a soft gold metallic.  This polish was just ok for me.  There are a lot of gold polishes out there that have this frost look, and out of all of them, this one's a pass.  B


Pure Ice Saddle Me Up is great.  This is two coats and I just love the look of this gold and green combo.  A


Orly Boho Bonnet is one of my favorites from the week.  Orly really knows how to do a great cream and I love gray polishes!  This is two easy coats.  A


Julie G Butterflies & Rosebuds was kind of a miss for me.  As you can see, this was kind of patchy at two coats.  The color is pretty, but for not being very unique, it needed to have a better formula to impress me.  C


China Glaze Bat My Eyes is a really rich microglitter.  It's made up of black and metallic olive glitters.  This has really great coverage at two coats.  A


OPI So Elegant is such a fun glitter.  I think the combo of silver and black hex glitters plus the spatter of micro black glitters in different sizes is just so versatile.  This is two coats.  A


Dermelect Phenom is my A+ polish of the week.  This color is just fantastic!  I just love the slightly dusty indigo cream and it's great at two coats.

Thanks for coming to hang out, I hope you have a terrific day

-Phoebe

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up So Elegant at the Dollar store. I've never seen OPI there before. And I got 3 Dermalect polishes when Ulta was clearancing them out at 99 cents. They are light colors and take 3 coats but I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phebe: Love your "Dupes" collection on your "Moon Shine Mani "page. Would you consider making a dupe for "china Glaze: You're a mean one". Such a lovely polish which you would think there would be so many dupes for since they discontinued it, but no. I hope you'll make one. I particularly like your "Sin-tillating", Mrs. White and the newest and most awaited: "in the Pacific". Great JOb!
    Yours Truly, F

    ReplyDelete