Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Saturday Random Swatchfest 3/21/2015

Welcome back to another Saturday Random Swatchfest where we'll look at then random polishes from my collection that I'm trying to swatch my way through.  If you'd like to see live application of all these polishes, you can do so here:


Let's get to swatching:
First up, for red, this is China Glaze Vertical Rush which is an iridescent deep red/berry cream.  This is two coats and it really looks flashy on the nail while still being classy.  A


Our pink polish this week is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Frutti Petutie, a hot fruit punch cream.  This applied easily at two coats and it didn't let me down.  I always love polishes from this Complete Salon Manicure Line.  A


Illamasqua Purity is our orange polish this week.  It's a lovely light peach cream and like the rest of the polishes I've tried from this brand, it's creamy and delicious.  A


Sally Hansen Tough Cookie was as close as I could get to a gold polish today.  It's mostly a taupe metallic with just a touch of gold.  This is two coats and it was just ok.  B


Our green polish is Julie G Shark's Cove and I'm showing you three coats here.  I really had high hopes for this polish because the color in the bottle is so gorgeous but it was a mess to apply, and you can see that even at three coats I couldn't really get it streak-free.  I do really love the color and the shimmer, but it just isn't worth the application.  C


FingerPaints In the Monet is a really great combo of blue and green.  It's a blue jelly base and it's packed with blue and green glitter.  I've shown you two coats here and it's kind of chunky on the nail. I've shown it to you here without topcoat.  A


Our purple polish is this amazing violet purple cream from Zoya called Mira.  This was nearly my favorite polish of the week because it's so easy and smooth and that color is on point.  this is two coats.  A


For neutral this week I'm showing you OPI Warm Me Up which is a deep brown taupe with some subtle gold shimmer.  This one was only ok for me.  I guess I'm just not in the mood for colors like this right now, but it just didn't appeal to me.  It's also kind of frosty-looking which isn't my favorite. This is two coats and as far as formula, it's nice.  B


For glitter we're looking at Morgan Taylor Snow Place Like Home which is a champagne glitter topper.  It has some holographic in there which makes it extra special.  I've put it over Illamasqua Purity.  A


My A+ polish of the week is KB Shimmer Stonewashed which is a warm deep, dusty blue green.  I'm showing you two coats here without topcoat.  The color is just sexy and soothing.

I hope you enjoyed these polishes this week.  What was your A+ polish of the week?

Have a great day and I'll see you back next time.

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment